Premed 101 Forums

2008 Canadian MCAT Registration Thread

Vanguard

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can i just confirm that once you get an email and the page that says your "seat reservation confirmation"...you're registered?

it didn't say that my credit card got charged or anything..is there supposed to be a credit card cofirmation number?

i didn't get a confirmation number either, so i'm guessing the email is all we get..

Ironically last year was a sinch for me...

I woke up around 8.... and although it said london was full for like half and hour... I finally managed to get an open seat and was done... haha to bad I decided to defer until this year

This year I was up til 2, back up at 6... and not registered until 10..... because my girlfriend hours away was trying for me too and got into the site in 10 minutes after I had been in the waiting room for 2 and half hours lol

Guest viscous

for the last 5 hours, my account is trying to load after I entered in the credit card info and clicked on submit. No matter what computer I use, as soon as I put in my id, this stupid message comes up:

WELCOME TO MCAT REGISTRATION AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE

Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.

You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request during this busy time.

Don't have an account yet? Register here.

Loading Bar

Helpful Hint: Opening multiple browser windows and/or multiple tabs in a web browser decreases the chances that you will get into the system and is very likely to significantly increase your wait time.

Can you tell me what the heck is wrong with this AAMC system?

that was the same message on mine for 13hrs. have you tried using firefox? cus i got in with it in like 10 mins.

i don't think their is anything wrong with aamc, we have to remember that practically every pre-med is logging onto this webiste at this time, so it is going to be ridiculously slow.

you could also trying phoning aamc and see if they give you some advice.

sounds like people have had a pretty wide range of luck with the process - I think that's all it boils down to. I tried a few times earlier this morning and ended up giving up because it was taking too long (2+ hours), but I tried this afternoon and got in within 10 minutes... and I got my first choice for date and location.

Archived