Premed 101 Forums

2008 Canadian MCAT Registration Thread

Vanguard

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After waiting for so long to get in, this is what i get:

The MCAT Scheduling and Registration System is currently down for maintenance. Please try again later.

I am sure we crashed their server :D. I hope they work it out soon. Good luck everyone with registration.

Meh, it's not going to go up tonight. Gonna be a waste of time. I'll try in the morning I guess. Though I am fully expecting it to take 3-4 days for me to get a spot.

It's finals time too and I don't have time to waste with this stupid thing >_<.

I'm from Calgary, to put this into perspective. I wrote the MCAT last summer.

After well over 2 weeks of issues with the site, I was finally allowed to register on the date I wanted. But they hadn't opened the Canadian site yet. So I started off writing in Montana.

Then they opened Canada, but Saskatchewan before Alberta, so I was off to Saskatoon.

Then they opened up Alberta, but Edmonton only, for no particular reason. I was writing in Edmonton.

Then they opened up Calgary...at a site 45 minutes from my house during non-rush hour during a rush hour time = ridiculous.

A while, they opened up a site 10 minutes from my house.

Summary: 5 sites and about 2 months later, I was finally properly registered for the MCAT

Conclusion: AAMC fails. Don't expect anything to work properly, ever.

Seems like they're less concerned with our well-being than with making the big bucks...:rolleyes:

This is my first time signing up for summer MCAT, and I have to say it's not unlike torture in many aspects - the sleep-deprivation, constant anxiety, etc

lol the only thing I can think of is they're not telling us so the avoid having their systems crashed by an overload of people... otherwise I can't envision why they would do this....

(AAMC President): Yes and now about Canada....

(Employee 1): Oh ya no biggy, we're going to open it on the 3rd at 8 a.m.

(Pres): No Don't Change it to the 7th... but tell them that they'll only get 24 hours notification of the new date...

(Employee 1): I'm not sure why I would want to do that

(pres): just do it and don't give them any indication of the time it'll open....

(Employee 1): Again why? we can just tell them 8 a.m. and then send either Jill or Susan down the hall to open it.... they don't mind..

(Jill): no really I don't.....

(President): flips employee one and Jill into a pit of fire under the board room table for not understanding the companies goal of cruel and unusual punishment. Evil laugh ensues.

I'm convinced this is just about making money. Any reputable company would have foreseen the same problems as last year and found a way to fix it. The aamc, however, made a killing off people switching test sites last year, so why bother?

Archived