Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Weighting of MCAT

Im not sure. I was so busy analyzing my interview i remember hearing:

60/40 split gpa-whole mcat/interview

can only clear the cutoffs so much - interview is what counts.

I dont know if that is still true he wasn't sure himself but he was trying to tell me interview counts the most

its 25% gpa and 25% VR and WS

but i was told differently. I asked a student and he said last year it was a 60/40 split with an OVERALL mcat score...

No my question was specifically regarding the 25% given to the VR + WS. Is it equal (ie. 12.5% to each) or is one weighed more than the other.

The student was most likely mistaken with another school that does it that way. Western has always been 25, 25, 50.

No my question was specifically regarding the 25% given to the VR + WS. Is it equal (ie. 12.5% to each) or is one weighed more than the other.

The student was most likely mistaken with another school that does it that way. Western has always been 25, 25, 50.

Thats what I thought

in that case

25 - VR AND WS

25 - gpa

50 interview

however when i said the above breakdown was what i thought it was..he said no it was 60/40. Not sure. Maybe he confused it with UT or something?

u guys realize we have never confirmed the 25 for vr and ws right? do a search,,,,its all been speculation so far (even though i want it to be vr and ws)

the only way to confirm that is someone from the admissions committee lets us in on that....and really,,,chances of that?

yeah .. in any case don't worry about it cuz i dont think it makes a big diff. Yes its 50% but you have to look at the variability in the scores between interviewees for the true significance

I used to think I was ok with a 3.8, 11, and an R and i feared that a lot of people had like 12-13s and Ss and Ts and 3.9s and 4.0s. However, a large number of people do get in with minimums and close to the minimums.

Don't sweat it!

Guest begaster
u guys realize we have never confirmed the 25 for vr and ws right? do a search,,,,its all been speculation so far (even though i want it to be vr and ws)

the only way to confirm that is someone from the admissions committee lets us in on that....and really,,,chances of that?

Yeah, it's the same with the U of T admissions info people keep regurgitating. Someone heard from a friend of a friend whose best friend's sister's boyfriend was once the cab driver for a member of the admissions committee...

There was a time limit to the q's...?! I just remember, talking a LOT. I'm glad I did though, because I barely had a chance to talk about any of my specific EC's in much detail. At least I got some of the stuff out.

One thing that annoyed me was the inflexibility. Lol, for some strange reason, I always answered their questions with examples BEFORE they asked the actual question, but instead of a normal interview where they wouldn't make me repeat myself, they still ask the question in the inflexible format. And then I'm stuck w/ thinking of ANOTHER very very similar example which sucks. And the second one is very weak because I already gave away my good one. Argh.

On a side note, has anyone actually tried like e-mailing admin and asking about MCAT (what they exactly look for)? I actually asked and got info that they take best year...unless they're changing, but I got that response in October so I doubt it. Didn't ask about MCAT though..should've.

Archived