Premed 101 Forums

2008 CountDown Thread...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 02'topaz

No this was technically the last year that third years could apply...Atleast at the beginning of this cycle, that's what UBC stated. So now it's changed back to 3rd years can be accepted?

Guest 02'topaz

looks like they have indeed changed it "back"...

2008/09 Application Cycle (for entry in September 2009)

Posted October 1, 2007: For the 2008-2009 application cycle, all prerequisite courses and 90 minimum credits must be completed by April 30, 2009.

So essentially nothing ever changed? I am also 100% sure that third years could apply this year (I know some that did and interviewed).

The wait is completely unbearable. I'm trying to write a paper and I can't finish a train of thought without getting interrupted. Either I lose concentration and check my email in the hopes of an early release, or a get a phone call from a relative asking if I've heard back yet, or I waste time posting on this message board.

If things go badly and I don't get accepted, the worst part won't be the rejection.... rather, the knowledge that I have to sit here again next year.

yeah..its hard. try turning off the internet..pull the ethernet out, turn off wireless and just stick with word to do your paper. no internet until t/m. easier said than done. but do whatever it takes.

as far as not getting in, nothing good ever came easy. keep working hard and you'll make it.

Hi all,

to SFUguy: You were at my shoes a few years back. I was worrying having to write the MCAT again because it would expire if i didn't get in at that time. So hope you would follow my step and got in. =)

I am excited for you all who are waiting for the judgement day.

I had the feeling of both rejection and admission. I can see how you all feel.

I don't know if this is bad taste on my part, but I found this one funny:

A college physics professor was explaining a particularly complicated concept to his class when a pre-med student interrupted him.

"Why do we have to learn this stuff?" one young man blurted out.

"To save lives," the professor responded before continuing the lecture.

A few minutes later the student spoke up again. "So how does physics save lives?"

The professor stared at the student for a long time without saying a word. Finally the professor continued. "Physics saves lives," he said, "because it keeps the idiots out of medical school."

Archived