Premed 101 Forums

UWO Class of 2012

Haha, wow we're almost twins, thompson =P I didn't think anyone had wisdom issues...but I sure freaked out my friends a lot who were getting their wisdom teeth pulled out. But of course, they had no issues lol.

I guess you guys are right, I'll take a gamble and hope that I'm part of the "normal bunch" this time. I don't really want to lie on Tuesday when I go to the lab when people ask me and I say I still haven't heard. Ha, I like ploughboy's tip, I think I'm gonna follow it....but I will work on getting rid of the paranoia over the summer. It's slowly working..........

Are you sure it's TEN days?

Take a look at this

http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/education/ume/documents/general/2008-09SessionalDates.pdf

It seems like it's only 3 days? =( How about a compromise to 7 days? Hehe....

Haha, wow we're almost twins, thompson =P I didn't think anyone had wisdom issues...but I sure freaked out my friends a lot who were getting their wisdom teeth pulled out. But of course, they had no issues lol.

I guess you guys are right, I'll take a gamble and hope that I'm part of the "normal bunch" this time. I don't really want to lie on Tuesday when I go to the lab when people ask me and I say I still haven't heard. Ha, I like ploughboy's tip, I think I'm gonna follow it....but I will work on getting rid of the paranoia over the summer. It's slowly working..........

Take a look at this

http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/education/ume/documents/general/2008-09SessionalDates.pdf

The last part of O-week overlaps with the first week of classes. But since it's just ITM (Intro to Medicine) don't worry about your studies interfering with your socialization... ;)

Take a look at this

It's 10 days, as mentioned there are events and parties all through the first week of class.

Can I just make a plug for o-week... I was a leader this past year and almost my entire team came out to the large majority of the events. Even if they were moving, etc, they came out to most of the events. There were a few people who had sub-par attendance (I saw them twice in the whole week) and by the end of the week they barely knew anybody in their class. I know a lot of people aren't as social as others, but really, coming out to o-week will make the transition into medical school much MUCH easier.

I am also soo paranoid that I got the wrong email! I don't think I will really believe it until I get the letter. Of course they had to send out the letters right before the long weekend, right?

Congrats to everyone and for those on the waiting list there is a good chance!

Also everyone join the facebook group! It doesn't show up on the search for some reason but here is the link http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24952465589

I was afraid they might have send me the wrong email as well since the email looked generic and didn't even have my name or omsas number. I just got the letter in the mail today so it's finally happening. The letter was sent out on may 15.

just curious, do the decisions on the schulich scholarship come with the offer, or is that decision made later?

I got a 2nd envelope from Western, with information regarding a $2100 bursary I was granted. Honestly, I was quite surprised to get offered any money, since I have been working for the past nine years. Yes, I will be in debt for school; however, the offer was unexpected. I didn't fill out a Schulich application, as obtaining my father's financial information would have been next to impossible, since he and my mom are going through a rather bitter divorce.

Incidentally, I didn't get any money from Queen's.

Elaine

just curious, do the decisions on the schulich scholarship come with the offer, or is that decision made later?

the decision is made later... if you get it you will receive notification in "one to two" weeks ( i asked the admissions office today when i dropped of my acceptance)

We are gonna get another bigger package after we firmly accept right? Or until our transcripts go in? I'm still waiting for a mark grrr.....

I thought there was a police check, CPR course, etc. etc. It would be nice if we could get those before July so I can get them out of the way.

I'm still waiting for my snail mail, probably cause it went to my old address and now has to be forwarded (extra 1-2 days :rolleyes: )

Can someone tell me the size of the envelope? It is regular, or a large package? Cause I checked this morning and all the large packages have been sorted, but small envelopes sort til 3. I need to know if I should bother going back down to the post office this afternoon.

I'm still waiting for my snail mail, probably cause it went to my old address and now has to be forwarded (extra 1-2 days :rolleyes: )

Can someone tell me the size of the envelope? It is regular, or a large package? Cause I checked this morning and all the large packages have been sorted, but small envelopes sort til 3. I need to know if I should bother going back down to the post office this afternoon.

It's not too big, a little bigger than a regular-sized envelope. Good luck!

I just mailed off my acceptance forms and the deposit cheque. I really hope that stupid canada post doesn't lose anything and it all gets there by the 29th! Did anyone else find the acceptance letter rather demanding? haha There was a lot of "if you don't do this by this date at this time your acceptance is withdrawn" ... no pressure to not screw up the forms/mailing addresses/cheques

It's not too big, a little bigger than a regular-sized envelope. Good luck!

Thanks! I will check back later today. *crosses fingers*

There was a lot of "if you don't do this by this date at this time your acceptance is withdrawn"

Ack! What was the closest date? May 29th I hope, to accept?

******* forwarding, stupid delays! I want my mail! When I finally get it I can go back to London and I'm just going to drop it off in person.

Archived