Premed 101 Forums

UWO Class of 2012

I'm in too! I still can't believe this...feel so SURREAL. Last night was like one of the worst days of my life, and now, I don't mind everything I had to go through....can't wait to meet you guys too! Haha, too bad I can't drink wine to celebrate...already downed it last night in despair AHAHA....

Gl Law and everyone else on the waiting list, you CAN DO IT! I'll be rooting for you!

anyone else paranoid that their email stuff was still screwed up and they accidentally sent acceptances to the wrong people and that they're gonna send another one saying there was a mistake?

so yeah, due to my paranoia, i'm gonna second the surreal comment

congrats to those accepted and good luck to those on the waiting list, didn't move enough for me last year but i hope it moves enough for all of you this year!

oh yeah, no one has posted in the accepted/waitlisted thread stickied at the top yet, no one want to be the first one or somethin?

Millertime, oh, I am so completley that paranoid person who feels its so surreal it must be a mistake! But I'm a really paranoid person in general... I'm one of those people who checks the times/ places of exams like, 30 times to make sure I didn't "read it wrong" the first 29!

I can't wait for my snail mail to arrive so I can officially accept the offer. Then it will feel real.

There are facebook groups for this kind of thing? ...Perhaps it is finally time for me to emerge from the social networking stoneage and get a facebook account.

hah, see i'm usually quite relaxed and laid back and not paranoid, but i think this occasion calls for some moderate paranoia, haha.

same thing with the snail mail, it'll be sweet to have somethin in my hands

and yes, you need to get facebook. I advise getting it now, so that you have 4 months to get used to it rather than getting it at the start of med school and being forced to drop out from too much stalking and not enough studying

hah, see i'm usually quite relaxed and laid back and not paranoid, but i think this occasion calls for some moderate paranoia, haha.

studying

I don't know if I would lump thinking that your e-mail notifcation was sent to the wrong person in "moderate paranoia" ... lol

Does anyone know if ANYONE gets rejected at UWO? Christinayangwannabe said she heard that 1/3rd of the interviewees gets rejected post-interview, but I've never heard anyone on this forum say they were rejected by Western...

It's possible to be rejected from UWO post-interview, if at least two of your interviewers independently rate you as being "unsuitable for medicine". This very rarely happens, however. It certainly doesn't happen to 1/3 of applicants.

Is O-week really only 3 days long? I was hoping it would be a "week" lol...

And I know this is going to sound so stupid, but wrong acceptances have never been sent before historically, right? I'm still 5% hesitant on sending the e-mail telling my grad school references they don't need to write a letter anymore. I suppose I could wait until Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon until the letter is in my hands. It's just going to be so incredibly embarrassing if something really bizarre happens....I mean, I was part of the 1% of people who ended up with complications after getting my wisdom teeth removed. Too bad I never won the lottery.

And I know this is going to sound so stupid, but wrong acceptances have never been sent before historically, right? I'm still 5% hesitant on sending the e-mail telling my grad school references they don't need to write a letter anymore. I suppose I could wait until Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon until the letter is in my hands. It's just going to be so incredibly embarrassing if something really bizarre happens....I mean, I was part of the 1% of people who ended up with complications after getting my wisdom teeth removed. Too bad I never won the lottery.

lostintime - stop doubting yourself! You made it, you've earned it - relish and enjoy this. CONGRATS!!! :) It's actually happening!!!

Unless something has changed drastically O-week should be about 10 days long, culminating in the mayhem that is Fanshawe. Good times...

Re: your other question - did you know that medical students have much higher rates of OCPD and GAD than the general population? Relax! The paper acceptance will be coming soon enough.

Here's a tip for you - photocopy the form where you have to check off "yes, I accept" before you send it back to UWO. That will prevent a potential "did I check the right box?" crisis later on...

Cheers,

pb

I am also soo paranoid that I got the wrong email! I don't think I will really believe it until I get the letter. Of course they had to send out the letters right before the long weekend, right?

Congrats to everyone and for those on the waiting list there is a good chance!

Also everyone join the facebook group! It doesn't show up on the search for some reason but here is the link http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24952465589

Archived