Premed 101 Forums

Waiting list

yes, it sucks but they are allowed, and many people do. especially those who get accepted, but then stay on the waitlist at the other. then they accept at the other, but don't decline for several weeks at the place they were originally accepted. some people may even go to lengths of going to orientation at u of c, still hoping for a u of a waitlist acceptance.

I was told at a med applicant info session at the UofA that you will be dropped from both schools if you accept to both. Waitlist does not count to this. Maybe there is a grace period where you can be enrolled in two or more schools?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told at a med applicant info session at the UofA that you will be dropped from both schools if you accept to both. Waitlist does not count to this. Maybe there is a grace period where you can be enrolled in two or more schools?

hey triguy. i think you're thinking in Ontario. Cuz I definitely know people who have accepted at both, and aren't in any hurry to drop one of them. Sooner or later, they'll have to drop and we'll get in tho right...(hopefully)

Hey everyone:

I don't want to give false hope or anything, but I kind of doubt that the class is officially filled. I called yesterday and spoke to Diane and asked whether or not we would get some kind of notice whenever the class became full. She said we'd all stay on the waiting list until a week into classes because they won't know when the class will be full (ie. it's not full yet). ... basically the waiting continues. :eek:

Hey everyone,

I got accepted off the waitlist at U of A on July 4 as a 4th yr IP. I will most likely be declining this offer to go to U of C. My deadline to reply was July 18, so I assume someone will get an offer near that date. Goodluck

• 3 weeks later...

Archived