Premed 101 Forums

Waiting list

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tooty!

I can't say for sure, but given that the waitlist only seems to move around the day that the previous offers expire, it looks like it's not a rolling waitlist. However, I'd imagine that they would turn to a rolling waitlist eventually as it's much more efficient.

Has anyone ever called to find out?

Hi. Does anyone know any stats on the waitlist movement for UofA? (Eg. how many are waitlisted, how many have gotten off the waitlist in past years, etc.) I heard that UoA's waitlist tends to be short (~40 ppl) and that most ppl on the list eventually get accepted, but I have a feeling that this is just an optimistic rumor. I'm getting desperate to hear something, anything, from UofA, and even though I know there's nothing I can do to influence the waitlist movement or where I am on it, somehow it's a bit comforting to discuss the topic (even though I know the better thing would be to forget about it and just accept that whatever happens happens.) :(

Hi. Does anyone know any stats on the waitlist movement for UofA? (Eg. how many are waitlisted, how many have gotten off the waitlist in past years, etc.) I heard that UoA's waitlist tends to be short (~40 ppl) and that most ppl on the list eventually get accepted, but I have a feeling that this is just an optimistic rumor. I'm getting desperate to hear something, anything, from UofA, and even though I know there's nothing I can do to influence the waitlist movement or where I am on it, somehow it's a bit comforting to discuss the topic (even though I know the better thing would be to forget about it and just accept that whatever happens happens.) :(

I'm also interested (OOP waitlist). I looked in this forum, and the only real info i found was that a fair number of years ago, they had 25 ppl on the OOP waitlist, and eventually, everyone was accepted off it. Does anyone know what happened last year or the year before?

I have no clue about the waitlist in previous years.

I've heard the same things about the waitlist (it is supposed to move quite quickly, and most people are supposed to get in) but the lack of movement at this point in time also worries me.

I'm OOP, and the one thing which keeps me hopeful is last years stats: out of (I think around 20 places usually in OOP category, 11 of those spaces were fiiled by OOP - so vip138 we might still have a fighting chance)

It's rather too bad we haven't heard more. I get the feeling that many applicants didn't post about it here?

Archived