Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone had their status updated since mailing in the forms in the acceptance package online? Since the deadline is coming up, it would help to know if they have received the forms or if our stuff was lost in the mail...so far mine hasn't changed..

Guest 02'topaz

jsmooth,

I guess you just used regular mail? I would call the office even though they may get annoyed just to be sure. But in the package it did say have them couriered/tracked so you could see where your documents were. Not sure if the status will ever change...

Guest 02'topaz

There we go. Confirmed that it actually changes. Good to know. I will definitely hand deliver the documents today so it gives me time to see a status change. I think quadruple checking that I have everything completed correctly is enough, right? Haha

In your 'Application Status' page, the 'Status' area that used to say 'Offer' should change to 'Offer Accepted'

I think I checked it about 3 times haha...and then almost ripped the documents out of the envelope to check again right in front of the secretary :]

I hand-delivered my acceptance package Monday morning, and status has been changed to Offer Accepted. All documents are now shown as "Received", except that the below items are shown as "Not Received". I am NOT a graduate student, and I have just finished my undergraduate. Are other undergraduate accepted applicants also seeing the following "graduate students only" items?

FOR CURRENT GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY

Official confirmation of program/degree completion (indicating that all program requirements are completed by July 1st) ***Not Received (Deadline: July 15, 2008)

Final official transcripts showing final grades and degree completion

This only refers to students who have completed their graduate program since submitting their application as well as graduate students who will complete their program by July 1st) ***Not Received (Deadline: July 30, 2008)

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

No proof - The receptionist just took my envelope and added it to a stack of other envelopes on the desk. I delivered it yesterday (Friday) and my status hasn't changed, but I'll give 'em til Monday before I start stressing :)

crap...didn't see that sentence. i guess i'll go to the bank for another bank draft and deliver another copy of everything by hand...

Guest 02'topaz

So I hand delivered my stuff on Friday and it was all updated yesterday afternoon. Turn around time seems to be pretty good. Any luck jsmooth?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if the only change that people are noting is from "offer" to "offer accepted". Does anyone know how we track our transcripts to make sure that they have been recieved?

Thanks!

Follow these steps:

1. Click on "View Application Status"

2. Click on "Acceptance Package" hyperlink (this link is provided immediately above your UBC student number) to check receipt status of documents

Hope this helps

hey all,

everything is set on my end. thanks everybody for the support! that criminal record form was confusing to fill out...how did people know how to fill out the organization section? good thing i called.

If you clicked on the hyperlink "Criminal Record Check Consent Form" within "Acceptance Package", it will direct you to a webpage with the following information:

"In Part 2 of the consent form, the Organization Name you should select is College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. The ID number you must fill in is 13."

Hope jsmooth doesn't daydream when (s)he reads his or her future patient's charts

(only j/k) :D

Yay! Everything's in.

When do the provisional acceptances become non-provisional acceptances? Do we really need to wait till the big package comes in July?? (I may be a little too paranoid about this one...)

Cheers,

P

I'm concerned. I sent in all my forms (offer form, application to college of physicians, money order, criminal record check- yes two copies as well as the criminal record check payment). On my status page they indicated the received everything but the two copies of the criminal record check. This is strange to me because they indicated they have received the payment for the criminal record check. It does say "offer accepted". Do you think they just haven't updated my page? I'm almost certain I sent in all the forms with the necessary signatures but if I"m wrong and my consent for the criminal record check is missing...will they withdraw my offer? I'm in Europe right now so it is difficult for me to send them the forms and it is Saturday so the office is closed...anyone have any advice?

I'm concerned. I sent in all my forms (offer form, application to college of physicians, money order, criminal record check- yes two copies as well as the criminal record check payment). On my status page they indicated the received everything but the two copies of the criminal record check. This is strange to me because they indicated they have received the payment for the criminal record check. It does say "offer accepted". Do you think they just haven't updated my page? I'm almost certain I sent in all the forms with the necessary signatures but if I"m wrong and my consent for the criminal record check is missing...will they withdraw my offer? I'm in Europe right now so it is difficult for me to send them the forms and it is Saturday so the office is closed...anyone have any advice?

Call on Monday. I'm sure they won't rescind your offer.

Archived