Premed 101 Forums

Eeekkkkkkk!!!!

So on account of the fact that I never got a confirmation for my acceptance, I looged into the online link that they gave us (the one where you have to login with your birthdate and OMSAS #). It says something like validation error our records show that your offer has expired and the position has been offered to another candidate. I KNOW for a fact that I accepted my offer so is it just me or is anyone else getting this?

This was the message that I received (and freaked out about)

"Validation Error

Our records indicate that your offer to the Queen's School of Medicine has expired. Your position has now been offered to another candidate."

I figure its pretty much impossible for this to be true because I know for a FACT that I completed the acceptance and I sent the one into OMSAS as well.....so I was hoping that someone else would login and see if they got the same message or if they didnt (then I would freak out even more)

OK I just tried logging in too, and I received the same message so I'm not going to freak out yet. I have a feeling this is an accidental default message that is sent out when the acceptance deadline expires. I know that the admissions office received my deposit, I responded via OMSAS and I sent in the paper copy as well, so there should be no reason why my spot was given to someone else. Regardless, I will call tomorrow morning just to make sure it was an error. Yuck.

can someone please post this link? is it used for other Ont school as well?

Hi JessMD,

This link is school (Queens)-specific. I'm pretty sure Queens was among the only/if not the only school to have an electronic system....

someone correct me if i'm wrong!

Yo don't worry about that.

I called Queen's on May 28th to confirm they had my decision and they confirmed it. Everything was (and prob is) cool.

I just logged in now and I got the same freaky message as you.

Def a technical glitch :P

I called the admissions office at 8 am EST and they confirmed that I had accepted. She didn't know about the technical glitch but she said it definitely sounded like the link was messed up and she would look into it. No need to worry!!!

Archived