Premed 101 Forums

Question about summer courses, and 20 credit requirement

Hi there, hopefully a quick question from the western pros. At Western you have to have completed "4 years" which is measured as 20 credits (2.5 per term x 8 terms etc). Does this include summer semesters?

The reason I am asking is that my program is a bit strange. I am taking a concurrent degree in 1) Honours Biomedical science, and 2) Joint Honours Psychology and Economics. In order to complete this in just the normal 4 years I had to take more courses per term than normal, about 3.5 on average I guess rather than 2.5. I also took courses every summer at the same rate 3.5 rate. So I am just finishing up my literal third year (3 years, 3 terms each for 9 full semesters) and by sept I should have about 32 credits done.

However if you remove the summer courses out of that, I think I drop down to having completed about 18-19 credits. I bit low I think and could be out of the running for this year.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

rmorelan, for UWO, the pre-interview GPA and admission consideration are based on the 5 full or equivalent courses taken during fall/winter (if you're not in co-op).

Your summer courses will not be counted for that purpose.

You still have to have your Honours degree or equivalent, regardless.

It's implicit that you need the total 20 full courses or 40 half year courses or equivalents because of the 4-yr honours or equivalent requirement.

Archived