Premed 101 Forums

Average GPA of Admitted Students at UBC Dental

I know that the formula for the percentage score that UBC uses is still not clearly known to anyone, but can someone estimate what the 83% average of the admitted applicants roughly equates to in terms of a GPA score out of 4? I have a 3.77 currently and would like to know what my chances at admission are with scores of 23 on my DAT.

are you saying my GPA equates to 82-85%? I was asking what 83% equates to as a GPA, but your answer was also quite helpful! thanks

ya that's what i meant...the thing is, it's easier to predict the % given the gpa than the other way around. the gpa system really rewards consistency in your grades...in a given year, one really bad mark will hurt your gpa more than your % average...so if u have a high gpa like 3.77, it means most of ur marks are around 80-85%...whereas given an average of 83%, your gpa could be anywhere from ~3.5 to 3.8. so in summary, u're good to go. :cool:

• 10 months later...

DAT isn't a significant part of your application at pre-interview stage. You just need scores that are higher than each year's cut off. Your GPA on the other hand plays a bigger role.

Although it is assumed that UBC tends to weigh more on DAT compared to other Canadian schools, you shouldn't worry too much about it since you got great scores :)

Archived