Premed 101 Forums

Hilarious idea or actual event?

futuredoc

I have it from a reliable source that a person smoked marijuana in an attempt to "cool their nerves" before a panel interview at an unnamed school. Needless to say, there was a DOCTOR on the panel, and it was evident to the group that the interviewee was inebriated. No offer of acceptance was extended.

Based on my source, I believe that this was a true event.

I have it from a reliable source that a person smoked marijuana in an attempt to "cool their nerves" before a panel interview at an unnamed school. Needless to say, there was a DOCTOR on the panel, and it was evident to the group that the interviewee was inebriated. No offer of acceptance was extended.

Based on my source, I believe that this was a true event.

Maybe he was high on dreams?

I bet he would have done better in the interview had he not kept saying "Dude, do you have any Doritos?"

You know, I rarely laugh out loud at something I read but did it for me.

No, I'm not stoned but I do have Doritos.

I also know someone who'd gone on a bender the night before his, was still drunk during his interview, and got in. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't dropped him off there myself.

I wonder if anyone has ever taken beta-blockers before an interview to calm themselves down like athletes

i'm pretty sure this has happened in the past, the profs seem to like boasting that they prescribe beta blockers to many a medical student.

I do know someone who got botox injections to control hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) for interviews to help with nervousness...

Archived