Premed 101 Forums

"Other schools you have applied to..."

Maybe they just want to see if you're putting all your eggs in one basket or not. Basically to see if you're dedicated enough to medicine to move if need be.

Still not sure why they would really need this info though.

Or, it could be just as easily said "To weed out applicants who are not serious about U of A because they applied to 100 schools."

just be completely honest - the legal agreement with these apps is that you have to be, but you should be as open as you can in the whole process anyway, and this includes the interview... just get in the zone

i applied to fairly well every school in canada, plus four in ireland, and i wrote that. i don't think it adversely affected my application, or at least i don't feel it did.

i agree it's a bit invasive and might throw you off balance, but you have nothing to hide anyway right?

Jochi,

Contrary to what you may believe (although your skepticism is legitimate), the U of A UGME does not discriminate based on the number of schools you apply to. I know of several classmates who applied to numerous schools (which apparently includes tearless...for all I know who could be sitting next to me in lecture), one who applied to *22* medical schools altogether, in both Canada and the US.

If you are truly curious as to why this information is required from you, why don't you just shoot the admissions office an e-mail? It's not like they will be biasing against your application because of a legitimate concern (and it's not like they're taking notes as to which applicants are asking 'dumb' questions).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived