Premed 101 Forums

Reference letter glitch in OMSAS system

I just wanted to let you guys know that I spoke with someone at OMSAS yesterday and they said that there is a glitch in the system. This glitch is related to letters that were sent out in the last week of September and first week of October. So if you still see currently outstanding and your referee sent the letter during the above cited time frame then wait a few more days to see if the status changes. She said they hope to have the issue resolved by mid-week.

My referee needed to get surgery in late September and didn't get my ref's sent before that.... and so my last LOR still isn't in.

I am starting to get really scared that my app will be disqualified.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Should I speak to OMSAS?

If I were you, I would call OMSAS and see what alternative arrangements can be made. It won't immediately disqualify your application but the sooner you can get the letter in the better so that schools can have a complete application. I am sure if your referee is incapable of writing one right now, OMSAS may suggest some other means. However, I would definitely give them a call on Monday just to see what advice and options they have to offer. Good Luck !

If I were you, I would call OMSAS and see what alternative arrangements can be made. It won't immediately disqualify your application but the sooner you can get the letter in the better so that schools can have a complete application. I am sure if your referee is incapable of writing one right now, OMSAS may suggest some other means. However, I would definitely give them a call on Monday just to see what advice and options they have to offer. Good Luck !

Thanks for replying. I've spoken to OMSAS and the schools I applied to.

They said its not a problem from their point of view, but suggested that if my Referee doesn't seem to be coming through, find a new one.

so my ref resent early friday via xpresspost (second send), gave me the tracking number... was signed for at omsas in guelph monday 10am, tuesday 11:00 pm still not registered as accepted online.

I guess i'm going to have to call them hope i'm not dqed over this...

so my ref resent early friday via xpresspost (second send), gave me the tracking number... was signed for at omsas in guelph monday 10am, tuesday 11:00 pm still not registered as accepted online.

I guess i'm going to have to call them hope i'm not dqed over this...

My last letter arrived last week on Tuesday by xpresspost and it showed up in the system today. So it took them about a week.

Yeah it takes about that long - I dropped replacement letters off (naturally completely sealed, stamped etc to indicate no tampering) in person at the application center as the originally never seemed to be recorded after 2 months. It took about a week to be recorded as well.

I happen to live very close by to the centre.

Yeah it takes about that long - I dropped replacement letters off (naturally completely sealed, stamped etc to indicate no tampering) in person at the application center as the originally never seemed to be recorded after 2 months. It took about a week to be recorded as well.

I happen to live very close by to the centre.

Maybe we are neighbours! haha!

Archived