Premed 101 Forums

Deadline EXTENDED!!!

Guest FrenchyMed

Guest FrenchyMed

Fresh from the OMSAS site:

Application deadline is October 20, 2003 at 4:30 E.S.T.

The last date to register your intention to apply by directly entering the on-line application system was October 8, 2003 4:30 (E.S.T) .

Please be advised that the submission deadline for medical school applications has been extended to Monday October 20, at 4:30 E.S.T.

We do apologize for the slow response times over Thanksgiving weekend; however, it is our understanding that these problems are a direct result of applicants waiting to receive their August 2003 MCAT scores prior to completing and submitting their applications, and therefore higher than expected volume at the time of the deadline. We strongly advise that you do not wait until the last few days before the deadline to submit, as we will be unable to extend again.

Guest JimCuddy

Finally some good news!!!

I guess all that waiting in front of the computer for hours with no results was a little pointless... hopefully the site will be up and working before the new deadline. I know it is still unavailable at this point (9:30 am EST).

Good luck everyone!

Thank god!

Now I can go to bed

That was the most painful night of my life - I just about rammed my pencil through my eyes ;)

Hopefully things speed up a bit for everyone now!!

Hey,

I just got the news as well directly from OMSAS,

I am sooooooo happy. It should be a piece of cake after this.

Good luck everybody!!!

Dafunk

Guest marcia101

I'm so glad! Sheesh, I don't think I've ever drank more coffee in my life! I was up until 5 am. This was so frustrating... Oct 20th - what day is that? *checking mental calendar* It's MONDAY! That's fantastic! :rollin

Guest biznatch

apparently they haven't updated the entire site...when i was able to log in at one point, there was a big red box that said "today at 4:30 is the deadline"...i think they're trying to kill us all off by stress before we even get into med school

Archived