Premed 101 Forums

Ineligible Status

I just checked Bear Tracks, and discovered that I have been rejected. It says that I'm "ineligible". Is there any way to find out how they reached this decision? :confused:

Could it be because a transcript may not have reached their offices by the Nov 1 deadline? Are they that strict?

somehow i doubt it, although technically they could do that. you will have to find out from the admissions office later on, as they're probably way too busy to look that up right now. in the meantime, i would go through every other requirement with a fine-toothed comb to rule those out.

that's very unfortunate and i hope your other apps are going better.

Hmmm, the only thing I can think of barring missing paperwork is that maybe your cumulative is below their OOP cutoff? (you're OOP, right?) Or maybe something about your courseload is not up to their standards? Have you taken all the pre-reqs?

These are the only things I could imagine disqualifying you...

celeria - yes, my app was "incomplete" until the June transcript was received. as long as that's the only thing left in the outstanding documentation page on bear tracks, i think you'll be ok.

Thanks tearless! That is the only thing outstanding and it says in Beartracks that I have till June 2009 or so to submit my final set of transcripts, so it looks like I'll be ok... hopefully everything will work out for Dayne.

I too have the incomplete application notice, but it says that it is because I haven't sent them my final transcripts (not due until June). If it says you are ineligible I would assume that is because you do not meet the requirements for whatever reason. Do you have all the pre-reqs completed or in progress (stats, 2 english, etc). Do you make the minimum MCAT score? I would check all of those things first.

Actually, I just got a letter. It says that I didn't satisfy their statistics pre-requisite. They said they would only re-open my file if I can provide them with proof of registration (i.e. transcript) in Stats course by Feb.

But I've taken a stats course. On my transcript, it's listed as "Probability and Statistics". Unless, they don't like the ""Probability" part of the course title, I can't figure out what they want. I'm going to contact them and maybe provide them with a course description or something.

Actually, I just got a letter. It says that I didn't satisfy their statistics pre-requisite. They said they would only re-open my file if I can provide them with proof of registration (i.e. transcript) in Stats course by Feb.

But I've taken a stats course. On my transcript, it's listed as "Probability and Statistics". Unless, they don't like the ""Probability" part of the course title, I can't figure out what they want. I'm going to contact them and maybe provide them with a course description or something.

Perhaps you took a half credit and they require a full one?

Archived