Premed 101 Forums

Practice MMI Interviews in Vancouver?

Which Day of the Week would you prefer to meet (at least get this sort out first?)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Day of the Week would you prefer to meet (at least get this sort out first?)?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright everybody, let's try and think about what we could consistently make. I'm not sure exactly how many sessions we all want to do, But I'd like at least 3 or 4, depending on how things go.

It seems people are most available on Saturday or Sunday (both from reading the posts and the poll results). Depending on how many people are interested we could have one or two groups (potentially one on Saturday and one on Sunday).

From what I can tell, people who are in for

Saturday(time??):

ssb6

Bula

paulista

juc25

Sunday (time?? 2pm??):

Biochemnerd

funkmunk

paulista

UBCguy

Deanis

If you're on the lists and I've made a mistake, copy BOTH lists and paste as a response, correcting your info.

If you're not on the lists and think you can commit to coming, copy BOTH lists and paste as a response, adding your name to the desired list. Remember to pick a day/time that you think you will be able to come to fairly consistently over the next few months.

As for the times of each, let's put a time at which we think we would could meet regularly. Sunday is tentatively at 2pm, which I can do but I don't prefer in the long run. I can come on Saturday (as well as Sunday) the first time to help out if it's needed if it's a morning time.

I am in for this Sunday, January 11th @ 2-3:30pm (Does this time work for all? I am flexible). Depending on numbers, we can book a study room in Irving Barber.

If we could each bring a practice MMI that would be great and we can go over them.

Saturday(2-3:30pm):

ssb6

Bula

paulista

juc25

babydoctor

Sunday (2-3:30pm):

Biochemnerd

funkmunk

paulista

UBCguy

Deanis

sharmadharma

Also, is anyone who's done the MMI before or attended these MMI practices want to speak up? Maybe put it beside your name if you sign up.

I did MMI last year with UBC. My score was average, so I guess I am not good enough to give any advice. Anyways, I hope my experience would help my group a little bit.

Saturday(2-3:30pm):

ssb6

Bula

paulista

juc25

babydoctor

Sunday (2-3:30pm):

Biochemnerd (did it once)

funkmunk

paulista

UBCguy

Deanis

sharmadharma

________

Kids zoloft

Sweet Biochem, I'm sure you've got some great advice and experience to share.

I added you CMMT. But you need to pick which group you want to go at some point.

Is anyone willing to take point for these days? Just someone for each group to book a room (if necessary) and give the group some contact info to help the meeting up go smoother. We can figure out the rest when we meet up.

Saturday(2-3:30pm, Jan 10):

ssb6

Bula

juc25

babydoctor

paulista*

CMMT*

Sunday (2-3:30pm, Jan 11):

Biochemnerd

funkmunk

UBCguy

Deanis

sharmadharma

paulista*

CMMT*

*indicates that you are available for both groups and haven't decided which one to attend yet.

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on attending both Saturday and Sunday this weekend just to get a head start on the MMI (as it is all very new to me!). I go to SFU so I am not too familiar with UBC (I've driven there a few times) but I can definitely find my way around. More than one location has been stated for our meeting so let's decide on one and stick with it. The timing is great for me. I am looking forward to it.

I guess the saturday group will be smaller than the sunday group but that's alright. Anyone interested, do you want to PM me your preferences as to where to meet - either LSC or Irving K? If we are meeting in Irving K, someone should sign up for the room and i have no problem doing that. For LSC, we can just meet up at one of those study spaces.

I am pretty sure the Life Science Building is closed on the weekends unless you have card access - does anybody know for sure? It would be nice to practice where the actual interviews are.

Just in case it is closed, I made a booking for the SUNDAY Jan 11th group @ Irving K. Barber Learning Centre Rm 415 & 416

(1961 East Mall - across the SUB) for 2:00-3:30pm- it can accomodate ~10 ppl each (even though it says 8, we can make it work) :)

If everybody can bring one MMI question each WRITTEN down, that would be great! (Basically it can be any question under the sun, an ethical dilema, or a situation and how you would react/respond...anything really).

Thanks for getting this going everybody :)

I am pretty sure the Life Science Building is closed on the weekends unless you have card access - does anybody know for sure? It would be nice to practice where the actual interviews are.

Just in case it is closed, I made a booking for the SUNDAY Jan 11th group @ Irving K. Barber Learning Centre Rm 415 & 416

(1961 East Mall - across the SUB) for 2:00-3:30pm- it can accomodate ~10 ppl each (even though it says 8, we can make it work) :)

LSC is closed on weekdays after 5:30 (maybe 6) and on weekends unless you have card access.

Archived