Premed 101 Forums

Practice MMI Interviews in Vancouver?

Which Day of the Week would you prefer to meet (at least get this sort out first?)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which Day of the Week would you prefer to meet (at least get this sort out first?)?

• Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

I'm definitely down with some MMI prectice sessions! When was everybody thinking? I was hoping to practice some over the holidays since I'm gonna be hella busy next semester and the interviews would be just around the corner anyways.

Still crossing my fingers for one!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya i'd say health care, current events, ethics, common sense (!) for problem sovling, awareness of ur own thoughts/bliefs/attitudes, knowing how u'd behave/have behaved in various situations, and things like that.

okay so i did get a couple of PM's..altho not the kind i was hoping for :P

ppl have asked whether i can share the MMI questions. now if u're talking about the examples available online, u can access those thru university websites (eg mcmaster med school), or thru ur library's e-journals. if u're talking about the actual UBC MMI questions we had last yr, i'd love to share them...but we did have to sign a confidentiality agreement which we can't break. i will say however that i found most of the actual MMI questions "easier" (as in..seemingly more relevant and fair) than some of the crazy practice MMI questions. there were a couple of stations i had trouble with...one because i'm not that great at analyzing poetry :rolleyes:, and the other because i wasn't exactly sure why the behavior in question was unprofessional and what to do about it (not good! :eek:)

anyway, i hope this has been somewhat helpful :o

i had problems with the same one. thought it was a dumb, ambiguous question anyways.

I agree, after christmas would be much better. And above all we should be enjoying the time off, we dont wanna get burnt out early, and the weather is horrible. Anyways I guess we can start assembling a list of people who want to practice, and hopefully set up some session in the beggining of the New Year.

Any other thoughts?

To add my voice to the resounding response I would love some practice after Christmas. Even though I'm not applying to med this time around (long story) I would be down with dusting off the old interview skills and gets them brushed up sooner rather than later.

Life is always busy for all of us. I'll keep my eye on this thread RE times.

-UBCGuy

Hi, I'm an applicant for UBC Med also. I would love to meet up with other students to discuss the MMI and potential questions/answers. We should set up a date soon for a Saturday in January (or have another poll for a specific Saturday date because clearly Saturday has won this poll).

My prep could be split into 3 parts I suppose:

1: Digging around on the internet for MMI questions from any institution, not just UBC. With these I'm sitting down and thinking / talking / writing a reply. After that thinking about my response and what I can improve. Will be doing this with friends and family hopefully, get some feedback.

2: Reading, reading, reading. Just like the MCAT, language is super important. If you are clear, concise, and convincing your chance of making a good impression on the interviewer is much higher. Would definitely recommend reading more difficult stuff (Economist, New Yorker, Walrus, etc.)

3: I'm taking a medical ethics class this coming semester. Hopefully this will helps with the ethics questions.

We should definately meet up this weekend. Last year I went through the MMI at UBC. We also had practice sessions, however I started the sessions late. I found the first few times you meet your mostly talking about logistics and minor things, and the later meetings are the ones you benefit from most, once you understand how the MMI's work. So I think we should start early, so that the later practices can be more effective.

Is anyone intrested in setting up a time and place. It seems like Saturday is the best day, and most likely ubc is the best place to meet since most people know how to get there.

Archived