Premed 101 Forums

Cardiology Q for FFP or anyone?

yellow

Hey everyone,

I was wondering do the non-interventional cardiologists do diagnostic angiograms? Or is that left to the interventional cardiologists?

Also, to follow-up, if non-interventional cardiologists are allowed to do diagnostic angiograms then what happens when they find a stenosed vessel?

Anyways, it was just something I was wondering. Thanks for the help! :)

Guest copacetic

im obviously not ffp, lol, though i aspire to be. from my understanding, cardiologists with invasive experience in the cath lab can do diagnostic cath procedures. it is not solely the realm of IC guys. in regards to your second question, its actually ideal to have an IC do an diagnostic cath, that way, if anything is found, the guy can just do the intervention right away rather than scheduling a separate time in the OR to do the procedure. its better for the patient in that sense!

Funny, at my institution the radiologists read the coronary angios...funny also that radiologists can do procedures in the vessels of the brain, but not in the heart...they actually can, but I'd like to know of a coronary angio suite not in the US/Canada that allows rads people to do the coros...let's say if they do a propre fellowship...

noncestvrai

Archived