Premed 101 Forums

So, I did the ONE thing you're not supposed to do . . help!

Ok, so, due to my being silly and a series of unfortunate events, I have lost my OMSAS login ID. I know this is the ONE thing they said NOT to lose, but here I am.

My questions

1) Do I need to log in to OMSAS/COMPASS for any reason, now that I've submitted my application and checked that they have received everything?

2) If the answer to 1) is yes, does anyone know anyway in which I could get the ID back?

Thanks!

Do you remember the answer to your Secret Question. I lost my password too, but then I think I remembered the answer to that question, so I managed to log back on. Otherwise, call OMSAS.

edit: oops, i thought you lost your password, not omsas id. either way, call omsas

I had a hard copy, and the email from OMSAS. However, I also had a house fire, which destroyed my paper files and melted my harddrive. And, I was silly, because I took all my emails off the servers onto my harddrive . .. so, I'm pretty sure the email isn't anywhere anymore.

I had a hard copy, and the email from OMSAS. However, I also had a house fire, which destroyed my paper files and melted my harddrive. And, I was silly, because I took all my emails off the servers onto my harddrive . .. so, I'm pretty sure the email isn't anywhere anymore.

Yikes, a house fire!

Sounds like it's time to contact OMSAS, it's definitely a good enough excuse as far as I'm concerned!

Yikes, a house fire!

Sounds like it's time to contact OMSAS, it's definitely a good enough excuse as far as I'm concerned!

yeah I mean you have hit the threshold in my opinion. I think "all my worldly possessions were destroyed" counts a good enough reason to get it from them.

What were you supposed to do - tattoo the number onto yourself :)

I called OMSAS, they said that they cannot recover the login ID (not that they won't, but the girl was pretty sure it was a physical impossibility). BUT she said that if I've submitted my application etc and everything is in, then there's no reason I should need to log in again anyway.

Can anyone think of a reason I'd need to log in? When you guys log in, does it show your status, or provide any information that you didn't see immediately after you submitted the application?

Can anyone think of a reason I'd need to log in? When you guys log in, does it show your status, or provide any information that you didn't see immediately after you submitted the application?

You won't see any info regarding your app status in OMSAS - the schools will be communicating with you directly. However, I THINK (not sure, so double-check) we might have had to supply our OMSAS # to log into the interview scheduling system at Queen's last year...but I might be wrong. If you do, I'm sure a simple phone call to Queen's would solve that problem.

You won't see any info regarding your app status in OMSAS - the schools will be communicating with you directly. However, I THINK (not sure, so double-check) we might have had to supply our OMSAS # to log into the interview scheduling system at Queen's last year...but I might be wrong. If you do, I'm sure a simple phone call to Queen's would solve that problem.

Ok, that's good. I didn't apply to Queen's so that's not an issue.

Out of curiosity, though, was it the COMPASS ID (this year, starts with IT) or the OMSAS reference number (starts with 2009) that was required. I have the reference number, just not the log in.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, that's good. I didn't apply to Queen's so that's not an issue.

Out of curiosity, though, was it the COMPASS ID (this year, starts with IT) or the OMSAS reference number (starts with 2009) that was required. I have the reference number, just not the log in.

I'm pretty sure they only use your reference number from this point on and your compass ID is for your personal use only, no one else knows it. Can't be definite on that though...

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post in, but I was wondering how we found out on May 15th if we have been accepted, wait-listed, or rejected? I always imagined that it would be like high school where you found out on an OMSAS-like application (forget what its called!) ... but apparently not :)

So how do we find out? Thanks!! :)

Archived