Premed 101 Forums

Research - Advice

dvsn_by_zero

I am in 4th year just finishing up my honours B.Sc. This summer I will be writing the MCAT (hence a major time commitment), but I want to do some research work as well.

As I am in 4th year, I have heard that getting an NSERC award is next to impossible, so I was hoping that someone could provide me with some advice as to how/where/when I could get a paid or volunteer research position in the GTA or surrounding areas.

I would prefer research in the health/medical sciences.

As I am in 4th year, I have heard that getting an NSERC award is next to impossible,

I talked to the woman who works at the research office at my university and asked her about this. She said that each year is considered as a different competition, regardless if you've had one before or not, or what year you are in (so long as you've had no more than 3)

how many hours a day do you plan to be studying for the MCAT? and for how long?

I worked full time (45+) hours and took a nighttime MCAT course. did a practice test every other weekend, and when the course ended on july 31st, I studied when I got off work for 4 weeks and did fine.

If you are planning on writing super early in the summer, then it probably isn't wise to work full time, but where I wrote really late, I had months of a few hours a day to prepare

Archived