Premed 101 Forums

3rd Year Applicants

I don't think you can even apply unless you have 90 credits, and you won't get admitted unless you have an undergraduate degree.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to test the waters of the US medical school system by applying to a few schools this year and just getting a feel for the application process (secondary applications in particular) - in this way, I know what to expect when I apply again in subsequent years.

That probably wouldn't have been a great idea anyway because unlike in Canada there is a stigma against being a reapplicant. Schools will want to know why you didn't get in, and will expect you to have improved those areas of your application.

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to test the waters of the US medical school system by applying to a few schools this year and just getting a feel for the application process (secondary applications in particular) - in this way, I know what to expect when I apply again in subsequent years.

You can find secondary app questions from various schools on the SDN forums (forums.studentdoctor.net).

Are you in EMS?

That probably wouldn't have been a great idea anyway because unlike in Canada there is a stigma against being a reapplicant. Schools will want to know why you didn't get in, and will expect you to have improved those areas of your application.

You can find secondary app questions from various schools on the SDN forums (forums.studentdoctor.net).

Are you in EMS?

Thanks you for help guys. In regards to your question Jochi1543, I am not sure what you mean - the only EMS that I know of is Emergency Medical Service and I am definitely not in that. Was that what you meant?

Thanks you for help guys. In regards to your question Jochi1543, I am not sure what you mean - the only EMS that I know of is Emergency Medical Service and I am definitely not in that. Was that what you meant?

Your avatar is of the EMS logo I think (unless it also means something else) :P

Your avatar is of the EMS logo I think (unless it also means something else) :P

You're right actually. I didn't even realize it's the EMS logo - I just wanted a picture of the Rod of Aesculapius (since it symbolizes medicine) and I ended up with the avatar that I have atm. However, a quick re-search of the logo, and voila:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Life :P

Oh, and btw, I didn't know what EMS you were talking about, and so I did a Wiki search:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMS:p

It turns out EMS is quite a popular acronym!

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering which US schools are known to accept third-year Canadian applicants? I'd greatly appreciate a response from anyone with experience (direct or indirect, i.e. a friend, colleague, etc.).

Thanks!

US schools generally don't distinguish 3 yr from 4 yr bachelor degrees. A bachelor degree is a bachelor degree to them. I applied with a 3 yr degree to a bunch of US schools in 2004 and ended up at Stanford but later transferred to another US school. If you have good numbers, I'd say it's worth a shot if you're serious about getting in. Def. don't apply with the mentality to just test the waters though.

US schools generally don't distinguish 3 yr from 4 yr bachelor degrees. A bachelor degree is a bachelor degree to them. I applied with a 3 yr degree to a bunch of US schools in 2004 and ended up at Stanford but later transferred to another US school. If you have good numbers, I'd say it's worth a shot if you're serious about getting in. Def. don't apply with the mentality to just test the waters though.

holy smokes

i thought stanford doesn't even take internationals or something

Lol, didn't like the beach babes, sunny weather, and bragging rights about going to a top tier school?

Archived