Premed 101 Forums

MMI queries

Does anyone know whether or not we will be allowed to take the question into the interview room? I'm just worried about forgetting certain aspects of the question while actually in the room, so having the question to refer back to would be useful.

Also I'm concerned about filling the 8 minutes. I've been timing myself and have been hitting 5-6 minutes. Anyone else with this problem?

Does anyone know whether or not we will be allowed to take the question into the interview room? I'm just worried about forgetting certain aspects of the question while actually in the room, so having the question to refer back to would be useful.

Also I'm concerned about filling the 8 minutes. I've been timing myself and have been hitting 5-6 minutes. Anyone else with this problem?

The prompts will put you over the 8 minute mark, and I don't think that you'll be able to take the question in with you.

There's a copy of the question on the desk there, so you can always go back to it.

Also, they have follow-up questions they will ask you if you run out of things to say. However, if you've already answered them in your original response, then they won't ask you anything. Last year I was also worried about it and only had a minute of silence once or twice out of the 8 stations. Chances are, if you are anything like me, you'd talk a lot more in front of the interviewer than you would on your own with a tape recorder - the nerves can get to you!

Better to say everything you have to say and have a minute of silence than NOT have enough time to say everything.

hey guys,

quick question: is there a stop watch (or countdown timer) in the room that shows you how much of the 8 minutes you have used up during your response? I want to be able to pace my answers and I think not having a clock or stop watch or timer will be a huge hinderance. Any ideas?

hey guys,

quick question: is there a stop watch (or countdown timer) in the room that shows you how much of the 8 minutes you have used up during your response? I want to be able to pace my answers and I think not having a clock or stop watch or timer will be a huge hinderance. Any ideas?

there's no timer in the room, but you could always use your watch. not sure about bringing a stop watch, though. you may want to contact the ugme about that one.

________

E65/E66/E67/E68

Archived