Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dental School

1) 3.9+ OMSAS

2) >20 in every category (except carving)

3) Pending...will let you know in September :P

Hey Nano, thanks for the reply. For the DAT do you need > 20 in everything or do they only look at the AA for sciences/reading comp

For example, if you had

18 Bio

26 Chem

21 RC

22 AA

20 Science total

do they see 18 bio, 26 chem, 21 rc, or do they see

22 AA

20 Science total

etc?

basically do they look at individual components or the averages?

Overall I am enjoying my experience at U of T. Some courses are tough ( anatomy) others are easy. It can be frustrating at first to learn how to use your hands. You can't just memorize a text book to get better. You have to practice the skills. It's nice also being in one building most of the time. Hope you guys had fun at your interviews.

U of T 2012

I reccomend calling the admissions office for specific questions. They answered a lot of mine in the past. The application process is now out of your hands, so try to relax. U of T normally sends out their admissions way before their tentative date.

I reccomend calling the admissions office for specific questions. They answered a lot of mine in the past. The application process is now out of your hands, so try to relax. U of T normally sends out their admissions way before their tentative date.

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to the lady there and she can offer information about some of my questions. Unfortunately I was also looking to find out general thoughts about the school itself.

Such as the facilities, the group of students that go there, competitive atmosphere, profs, etc.

Thanks for the advice. I spoke to the lady there and she can offer information about some of my questions. Unfortunately I was also looking to find out general thoughts about the school itself.

Such as the facilities, the group of students that go there, competitive atmosphere, profs, etc.

Sorry you didnt get everything u needed. But basically, the school is one building, you spend alot of time in a few rooms plus the clinics. The people are friendly and great to hang with. Especially after midterms and exams.

As far as competition, its not like undergrad, but ofcourse "students will always be students".....:D some classes are more competitive than others..but that's expected since most ppl got in the first place was because they were competitive in undergrad.

As for the profs, some are very good and some are all over the place. Overall a great dental school. Good luck.

Archived