Premed 101 Forums

Dent Games?

is there such a thing? My friend's a med student and he says medgames are fun

No there are no such events in dentistry :( . I wish there was though. However once in a while UofT and Western classes do get together. Back in the days, the two schools have had sporting events/competition, dinners and get together (either in London or Toronto). Quite fun. I'm sure eventually there will be something ran for DDS across the country. The ODA/CDA reps in the class should push for this :D .

There should be!! Kinesiology students have the Kin Games, and as mentioned there are the Med Games... so I think we should organize the Dent Games!

At Dal, we have the Prosthodontic Olympics where the second year students compete against each other in teams doing various dental procedures.

So something along those lines as well as sporting events would be a fun event for DDS students across Canada!!

There should be!! Kinesiology students have the Kin Games, and as mentioned there are the Med Games... so I think we should organize the Dent Games!

At Dal, we have the Prosthodontic Olympics where the second year students compete against each other in teams doing various dental procedures.

So something along those lines as well as sporting events would be a fun event for DDS students across Canada!!

Isn't there this conference thing for all Canadian students? Apparently next year it is going to be at either Halifax or Montreal?

A dental student at Western told me that Western and Toronto play hockey against each other... He said that they were trying to expand it to include more sports and dental schools.. He then made a snarly comment about Western always beating Toronto because they study too much at Toronto and can't practice.

A dental student at Western told me that Western and Toronto play hockey against each other... He said that they were trying to expand it to include more sports and dental schools.. He then made a snarly comment about Western always beating Toronto because they study too much at Toronto and can't practice.

Do D-schools have sports teams other than intramural sports? I would guess no because of the small class sizes...

Do D-schools have sports teams other than intramural sports? I would guess no because of the small class sizes...

Pretty sure its all intramural. If you wanted to play more competitively youd have to try out for the university's varsity team, which are pretty hard to make haha.

Intramural hockey sounds awesome though, if only they had soccer too

Pretty sure its all intramural. If you wanted to play more competitively youd have to try out for the university's varsity team, which are pretty hard to make haha.

Intramural hockey sounds awesome though, if only they had soccer too

Yes at UT Dents there is an intramural soccer team. and we're quite good (although the volleyball squad has been wicked). As for competitiveness of intramurals, I can assure you that Division 1 is more than enough competition you want (especially for B-ball and soccer).

Intramural is not only the D-School alone but is a university wide thing. At UT, we even compete across the 3 campuses, so there's quite alot of sporting events going on with many many teams involved. If I can remember correctly for Div 1, we had 18-20 teams in the league. So lots of fun and ultra competitive!!!!! :D

Hahahaha.......UT dents don't study as crazy like everyone thinks...they take breaks, go to bars/clubs, have fun and relax at house parties more than you think..

:D

Hahahaha.......UT dents don't study as crazy like everyone thinks...they take breaks, go to bars/clubs, have fun and relax at house parties more than you think..

:D

Really?

I'm interested in hearing more about the U of T student life.. please.

Also, does going to U of T help you specialize if you so choose?

From what I've heard U of T's name is known more in the states if you want to specialize, aside from that I'm not sure. Student life is alright. We seem to find time to party. Overall life is pretty good aside from some tense times. Most weekends there is something going on.

Archived