Premed 101 Forums

Well none of us said we wanted to get a high score.

And that is 7 people who failed ... from a Canadian school...despite everyone saying everyone passes.

I was just wondering if there was a need to get a very high score since everyone has already matched. Do LMCC scores (above a pass) have any implications?

Studying for this exam is reminding me of studying for those stupid NBME exams...

Some questions from practice tests seem appropriate - things we need to know to be safe, competent physicians - and others are just memorization of random facts... arrgh

Anyone know if the pass/fail is based on absolute cutoffs or do they just chop off the tail of the bell (or whatever shape) curve?

I'd assume the latter but can't find it in writing anywhere...

• 1 month later...
Hi dear friends, this time you fill boring your work. After some period they are all useful for life. Thanks

This spam is so...Zen.

I'm sitting here thinking how much better my mccqe would have been if I'd been wearing one or more glow-in-the-dark wristbands. Dammit, where were you a month ago?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyway to find out each schools statistics of LMCC success rates for those who are applying to schools? I've been asked this, but can't find it anywhere.

Not sure where you can find the results. Our careers guy has showed us in the past, but where he got the info, I am not sure.

Having said that, DO NOT look at this information in deciding where to go. It should have ZERO impact in deciding where to go. Not sure you were going to use the info, but I thought it worth saying.

• 2 years later...
Not sure where you can find the results. Our careers guy has showed us in the past, but where he got the info, I am not sure.

Having said that, DO NOT look at this information in deciding where to go. It should have ZERO impact in deciding where to go. Not sure you were going to use the info, but I thought it worth saying.

The results are not published for the public.

The schools are individually told how they did.

For example, UWO scored the best average overall, this past year. They made this public knowledge as a selling point.

• 2 weeks later...
The results are not published for the public.

The schools are individually told how they did.

For example, UWO scored the best average overall, this past year. They made this public knowledge as a selling point.

That is true they did!

Still without being able to compare that to the absolute scores of the other schools, and the standard deviations of those scores over a reasonable timeframe I find the fact we were the highest not that interesting. Someone has to be first :)

• 2 months later...

Archived