Premed 101 Forums

UWO EARLY acceptances are out!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're a Western student, you can log into your student centre.. there is a box for your Applications and if you did get in there should be a green checkmark showing that you got admitted (that made me feel better lol).

Congrats!

oo haha thats good you have the confirmation :)

i am not a western student, but i e-mailed Trish about a week ago asking her when early acceptances would be coming out this year, and she actually e-mailed back yesterday evening and started by saying, "did you enjoy your e-mail this morning?!" - lol - so i think its safe to say the e-mail was for me :)

Hey,

I'm IP finishing up my fourth yr of a bio sci degree, stats are:

2 best years: ~97-98%

RC: 25

AA: 23

Interview: felt it went okay

So looking forward to meeting everyone in September:)

Haha, I think it's safe to say that you were the first one to receive their letter of acceptance.

Hey,

I'm IP finishing up my fourth yr of a bio sci degree, stats are:

2 best years: ~97-98%

RC: 25

AA: 23

Interview: felt it went okay

So looking forward to meeting everyone in September:)

holy crap!!!

those stats are unreal.

is there anyone with a 90+ average who didn't get early acceptance? hopefully there aren't too many people with 90+ averages left as i'd like to know where I stand amongst us remaining 30-some July offers :P . I have a feeling if i get in at all i'm going to be right at the cutoff, or off the waitlist.

i need to get off of these boards before i have an anxiety attack!

I'm just wondering. Which university gives you an average of 97-98% for 2 years?

I go to UofT St.George campus. I can never pull that off in my dream.

I'm not sure it's about the school...I graduated from high school with a 98% and have kept up a 97% all throughout my 4 yrs.

That being said, I obviously don't expect to keep this average up in dental school:)

Hi all , and to all of my future classmates in september:D

Congrats...and of the result will be out soon. Good luck everyone?

Is anyone , looking for a roommate for next year? Let me know. We should start a facebook group.:D

That's what I said 3 posts back, heehee.

You should start it!

holy crap!!!

those stats are unreal.

is there anyone with a 90+ average who didn't get early acceptance? hopefully there aren't too many people with 90+ averages left as i'd like to know where I stand amongst us remaining 30-some July offers :P . I have a feeling if i get in at all i'm going to be right at the cutoff, or off the waitlist.

i need to get off of these boards before i have an anxiety attack!

I have 90+ average (actually 91% in first year and I am in second year right now but expecting 90+ because only finals are left) and AA is 21. Keeping my fingers crossed for June.

I'm not sure it's about the school...I graduated from high school with a 98% and have kept up a 97% all throughout my 4 yrs.

That being said, I obviously don't expect to keep this average up in dental school:)

In which school you are as I really want to know which school is giving such a high marks?

Anyone else get early acceptance to UWO who WILL be taking up the offer?

I'm 99% sure I'll be accepting UWO! It's too bad though, I already put down my deposit at U of T.. it arrived in Toronto an hour before the e-mails from UWO were sent out lol.. :(

In which school you are as I really want to know which school is giving such a high marks?

I go to the University of Guelph and I know people are likely going to put down my school (believe me, I've heard my fair share of farm jokes), but I really want to clarify that this isn't the "norm" at my school. I don't personally know of anyone else here who had anything higher than an average in the low 90's (and she just recieved a prestigious NSERC scholarship for microbiology). Most classes keep an average of 65-75%, I think this is pretty standard. That said, I'm sure different schools have different policies about marks. I know that if you get 99% or 100% in a course at UofG the prof is allowed to give you that mark (they need not "bell curve" the scores to keep you out of the high 90's range). I'm sure UofT is very tough (as I've noticed a couple of people have posted) and I likely wouldn't have gotten this average there, but that said Guelph is no "bird" school. I really felt that I got a full and sufficient education here. As you might be able to tell, I have a strong passion for my school and thus I was apprehensive to post where I was from (I figured UofG might get ridiculed and put-down, as I've noticed these forums can become pretty competitive). It's a really wonderful place (so condusive to learning and succeeding) and I'm really going to miss it next year. However, my hometown is near London and so I'm very looking forward to going home. Alright, enough about my life story...where is this facebook group, lol?!

No need to defend yourself! A 97/98 is FANTASTIC wherever you go. People here are either jealous or really just shocked! It's an amazing accomplishment.

That being said, someone needs to start the fbook group because it's not going to create itself, haha.

No need to defend yourself! A 97/98 is FANTASTIC wherever you go. People here are either jealous or really just shocked! It's an amazing accomplishment.

That being said, someone needs to start the fbook group because it's not going to create itself, haha.

eebee - you keep mentioning the facebook group, why don't you start it? lol

No it's true, I have to agree with that - that's really impressive, even when one only has ONE course to take, and were to spend their entire time studying for that course, some people still will not be able to pull of a 98%. With a 98%, you obviously have excelled (actually, not excelled...just inhumanly destroyed!) at

straight forward MC tests

tricky MC tests designed so the average will be C+ that require good clear thinking under preasure

lab reports

small group projects

presentations

essays

humanities/social sciences

courses where you are marked on participation

tests that are recall/memory

tests that are short-answer/creative/application

ORGO II

There are so many hurdles in undergrad, as listed above, that I am just blown away from your average...

That's not fantastic, that's F'd! :D .....In a good way!! :)

I'm 99% sure I'll be accepting UWO! It's too bad though, I already put down my deposit at U of T.. it arrived in Toronto an hour before the e-mails from UWO were sent out lol.. :(

hey, i'm just curious why you are choosing western over U of T? is it mainly because you are already a western student?

Archived