Premed 101 Forums

UWO EARLY acceptances are out!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kittyp,

getting in after 2nd year is extremely difficult, so don't feel discouraged if you don't make it this year!

kittyp, you're lucky that you were able to decide so quickly (after first year) that dentistry is what you want, it gives you lots of time to apply.

Good luck![/]

I know its quite difficult to be selected after second year. I even applied just to give it a shot and was surprised to get an interview. Anyhow I am happy to have an experience of interview and if can't make this year looking forward for the next interview season.

Hey Kittyp, I have applied to Western for three years now with a 88% the first year and then 91% for the next two, the first two times I had a DAT AA of 19 and I had to retake them this year and ended up with a 21. So it seems like I should have a pretty good chance, but each year it seems like I've been getting screwed on the interview portion.

This year the interview felt like it went pretty well. I thought I answered the questions the best this time, but it was also the shortest one I have had yet and so that may have been a problem. Who knows though really... I really think Western should release your interview score and it would be nice to be able to see some comments even from your interviewers.

Anyways, i think that as long as you keep up the great marks (a 91 in first year is awesome) and you did well on your interview you should have a pretty good chance this year. I really hope you get in too, because I don't want you to have to wait around for three years like I have! But yeah, don't worry about it too much, July will be here before we know it!

Sounds scary but we cant do anything else than waiting for july. Good luck.

Hey,

I'm IP finishing up my fourth yr of a bio sci degree, stats are:

2 best years: ~97-98%

RC: 25

AA: 23

Interview: felt it went okay

So looking forward to meeting everyone in September:)

WOW those stats are AMAZING!!!! I don't know anyone else with such high scores all around! congratulations!

I sent out my midterm marks to the university .... got an average of 86% for the MIT program does anyone know even exactly I should be expecting a form of acceptance or do I even have a chance?

Are you asking about getting accepted into MIT at Western or getting accepted into Dentistry at Western?

Because if it's MIT you should probably be fine, you probably won't get early acceptance though... If it's dentistry you're going to have to give us some more information!

I'm assuming you're talking about getting into MIT though so just an FYI this is a pre-dental forum not a general university forum. Unfortunately I don't even know where to direct you, but I'm sure someone else on here knows of some other forum that could be more useful... Got any links anyone??

Are you asking about getting accepted into MIT at Western or getting accepted into Dentistry at Western?

Because if it's MIT you should probably be fine, you probably won't get early acceptance though... If it's dentistry you're going to have to give us some more information!

I'm assuming you're talking about getting into MIT though so just an FYI this is a pre-dental forum not a general university forum. Unfortunately I don't even know where to direct you, but I'm sure someone else on here knows of some other forum that could be more useful... Got any links anyone??

O really lol.. I did not see the dental part of this forum.. Just kind of found a link for forums and posted lol... yea but if someone could give a link that be great

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys why are you posting grades in %? Doesn't western use OMSAS?

And then how is it possible for someone to get over 90... If I got a 4.0 at my school then that would just mean 90% wouldn't it?

Can someone explain this to me?

Thanks!

They are posting in percent because Western uses your best 2 year average in percent to make their offers. See: http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/Dentistry/docs/Statistics_Class2012.htm

As for converting 90+ or 4.0 grades i have no idea...

They say

"Schulich Dentistry utilizes the OMSAS (Ontario Medical School Application Service) scale to translate grades achieved at outside Canadian universities to Western standards."

What "Western standards" are, I also don't know...

Anyone get an email from trish asking for your univ to fill out a form about your degree for the bonus points? There was no form attached to mine, and my degree was conferred June 2005. I emailed her back to ask, but no reply yet. Anyone else get the same email but with the attachment?

Anyone get an email from trish asking for your univ to fill out a form about your degree for the bonus points? There was no form attached to mine, and my degree was conferred June 2005. I emailed her back to ask, but no reply yet. Anyone else get the same email but with the attachment?

Hey, I just finished my degree this year and I didn't get any email at all.

Is this because I did my undergrad at UWO and they already have access to this info?

I really need those bonus points!

it must be. I know UT where I did my pharmacy degree didn't need any of my info either since they have it all on ROSI. Interestingly, the transcript UT sent Western had my standing on it, so Trish knew how i compared to others in my program, even though that info doesn't print on any student copy transcript I've ever seen. Anyone else know their ranking from their undergrad honours program?

Archived