Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

No TV and no internet make Ryan something something....

But seriously, how am I supposed to prepare presentations on the latest evidence when I'm at the hospital for 10 hours a day, commute for 1+, and have to drive an extra 1-2hrs if I want to get to a place with internet that doesn't close? It's driving me nuts. Hopefully can get net set up by Friday, and then I'm back home a week after that anyways.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No TV and no internet make Ryan something something....

But seriously, how am I supposed to prepare presentations on the latest evidence when I'm at the hospital for 10 hours a day, commute for 1+, and have to drive an extra 1-2hrs if I want to get to a place with internet that doesn't close? It's driving me nuts. Hopefully can get net set up by Friday, and then I'm back home a week after that anyways.

And you miss me.

Very interesting trend I've noticed on this site. The few preceding weeks before:

-med admissions due

-med interviews

-may 15th

-med class starting

a lot of people get really weird on the site...

Hehe. Could make for an interesting study, I suppose. ;)

I am editing my final english essay right now to earn this damn credit that will allow me to apply to like, ONE more school. and states next year I guess if things don't go well this cycle.. just a bit frustrating? oh well, I actually do like english courses, it's just that it's hard to get into that groove after you haven't done a humanities essay in 4 years... <.<

wuthering heights: 1, me: 0

this book actually took my sanity away as I was reading it lol. ah only one more week and then I'll have a whole MONTH free from any education (whether it be school or MCAT). how relieving. it's kind of ridiculous to think that from September 2007-April 2011, I will only have had 4 months where I have had no form of school or learning (whether it be courses during the year, summer school courses, or MCAT). well, I guess if you count winter vacations, it's a bit more like 6 months. argh. why do we do this to ourselves?

Very interesting trend I've noticed on this site. The few preceding weeks before:

-med admissions due

-med interviews

-may 15th

-med class starting

How so? :confused:

...I actually do like english courses, it's just that it's hard to get into that groove after you haven't done a humanities essay in 4 years... <.<

this book actually took my sanity away as I was reading...

Haha, having to read books by Emily Bronte, Jane Austen, etc., is a big part of why I never took English literature/Humanities courses in university. :P

Hehe. Could make for an interesting study, I suppose. ;)

i think a good study would be liver enzyme tests before and after may 13th. If they can prove getting accepted is bad for peoples health medschools would be ethically bound to not accept people.

but yeah people are acting weird, add trolls are the least of pm's problems these days

-med admissions due

-med interviews

-may 15th

-med class starting

So, the only safe month is December? I'll just stick to the WED thread.

I am editing my final english essay right now to earn this damn credit that will allow me to apply to like, ONE more school. and states next year I guess if things don't go well this cycle.. just a bit frustrating? oh well, I actually do like english courses, it's just that it's hard to get into that groove after you haven't done a humanities essay in 4 years... <.<

this book actually took my sanity away as I was reading it lol. ah only one more week and then I'll have a whole MONTH free from any education (whether it be school or MCAT). how relieving. it's kind of ridiculous to think that from September 2007-April 2011, I will only have had 4 months where I have had no form of school or learning (whether it be courses during the year, summer school courses, or MCAT). well, I guess if you count winter vacations, it's a bit more like 6 months. argh. why do we do this to ourselves?

I loved that book. But I was one of those strange science students that almost took an english minor (before I found out I could do a double major).

I loved that book. But I was one of those strange science students that almost took an english minor (before I found out I could do a double major).

wanna write any of my future essays for me? :P it didn't dawn on me that people could love the less popular Bronte. Jane Eyre, FTW

I have a real estate agent that seems to only want to sell me a town house. No, dude, I want to see the two houses I told you I want. This dude is so pushy. UGH.

I have the worst possible real estate agent. He takes us to various houses which are all crap. When we ask him to take us to houses that we pick from mls, he complains about trivial matters in the houses and strongly objects to buying them.

Unfortunately, he's a distant relative. Fortunately, we didn't sign with him. We've ditched him for now.

I have a real estate agent that seems to only want to sell me a town house. No, dude, I want to see the two houses I told you I want. This dude is so pushy. UGH.

I've always wanted to buy a townhouse (the 2 house ones, not the mutli-house ones), and buy the two attached houses, then tear down the wall between them.

One day I will :D But not for a long time, lol

Sounds like the real estate agents my family has dealt with who had 'ideas' of what we could afford and what we should have, not actually recognizing that we wanted something completely different. This is why you do not sign on with an agent, because how do you know about their personality and attitude until you go through a few showings with them? Also, the ones that pressure you to sign don't really care for anything except the commission, so are willing to sell you whatever they feel like. Bad way to run a business.

Call another agent or two, C. Tell them what you are looking for and see what they offer. Don't settle!!! Better yet, you need a recommendation of an agent from another agent. Do you know someone who knows an agent in St Johns? They might be able to hook you up.

Good luck...house hunting (both buying and renting) sucks!!!!!! however, the payoff at the end is worth is when you live somewhere you like and are happy in.

Sounds like the real estate agents my family has dealt with who had 'ideas' of what we could afford and what we should have, not actually recognizing that we wanted something completely different. This is why you do not sign on with an agent, because how do you know about their personality and attitude until you go through a few showings with them? Also, the ones that pressure you to sign don't really care for anything except the commission, so are willing to sell you whatever they feel like. Bad way to run a business.

Call another agent or two, C. Tell them what you are looking for and see what they offer. Don't settle!!! Better yet, you need a recommendation of an agent from another agent. Do you know someone who knows an agent in St Johns? They might be able to hook you up.

Good luck...house hunting (both buying and renting) sucks!!!!!! however, the payoff at the end is worth is when you live somewhere you like and are happy in.

Problem is, we were referred to this guy by the person who hired Andrew. I feel obligated to stay with him...and he has been working hard, but he (like Leon) has stupid issues with the houses I like. Today he should be making a list and I hope he can give me the list so I can review. Monday we fly up to house hunt!

Problem is, we were referred to this guy by the person who hired Andrew. I feel obligated to stay with him...and he has been working hard, but he (like Leon) has stupid issues with the houses I like. Today he should be making a list and I hope he can give me the list so I can review. Monday we fly up to house hunt!

The fact that the guy who hired Andrew referred the real estate agent is irrelevant! You are happy to giver him the business provided he atends to your needs in a professional manner, which is not happening. You are neither obligated to remain with this unprofessional guy nor will be compensated by Andrew's employer for any poor living arangements you ultimately make.

Do what you have to do, you hava an obligation only to each other and your family and protecting your very best interests is the only way to go. Work kwith another agent at least, thereby protecting your interests, and working hard does not cut it, only results do.

Archived