Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Moving is such a pain. :( Been busy at our apartment sorting through everything that we had in storage. It's amazing the stuff that we put in there four years ago. Ah well, a bunch of stuff has been donated to various organizations, and other stuff was brought to the recycling depot.

We now have TV and internet in our apartment, so that's good. :) Sadly, we still have no furniture. :( The shipment of all our stuff from Germany is still en route. Stupid customs and stupid Montreal port strike. *sigh*

We've been living in hotels for a month now, so if we still don't have word that our stuff will be here soon by the end of day today, we are going to buy some foam pads and pillows tomorrow, and move into our apartment on Thursday. We'll be sleeping on the floor and using plastic utensils and paper plates, but it's better than being stuck in hotels any longer. Our cats will be happier too - they are starting to get a bit of cabin fever I think. I mean, this hotel room is nice, and quite spacious, but it's still a hotel room.

I did find a nice cat boarding place, where they have actual individual rooms for the cats instead of tiny cages, so, if they have space available, when our stuff finally arrives, we'll put the cats in there for a couple of days while our stuff is unloaded and unpacked, so they don't have to deal with all that ruckus. If not, then we'll just lock them in our spare room, and my husband and I will arrange things in our spare room ourselves, after the movers leave.

I still have no word on further transfer credit that I might receive from the U of A, but I was told to contact the program chair, since I haven't heard back from my academic advisor. So I sent the chair a lovely email this morning, explaining my situation and what credits I think I should get credit for. Hopefully I will get some more, as I really don't want to have to re-take a bunch of first year courses.

So that's where I've been and what I've been doing. I hope the rest of you are doing well.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I waited until a really quiet day at MAC cosmetics and then went in and explained what sort of makeup I wanted to be wearing on a regular basis; I also openly admitted that I knew nothing whatsoever about makeup and had the woman there teach me all about application - it's an expensive makeup store, but the lesson was invaluable and surprisingly a couple of essentials from their collection didn't end up being all that pricey. I'd be happy to share the knowledge, though I'm sure there are those who are better qualified to tell you about such things!

I love MAC. :) My sister is a cosmetologist, and she insisted on MAC make-up for my wedding make-up when she made me "look pretty." :)

MAC Paint + MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner on my eyes is an awesome combination. It's the only thing I've found that stays put through sweat! With that stuff on, I can go for a run, or teach a fitness class, take a shower after, and still have my eye make-up looking great. :) That combo is also the only make-up I wear day-in day-out, other than a bit of cover-up on the occasional zit.

Innovation! I'd find it creepy as a driver to have something lurking above me....

The stations will have to be built (taking up considerably more space than a typical bus stop) and this has limited use in a city like Toronto where the bus stops are just a few metres apart. It's more like a train really- especially considering it houses 1400 passengers (O.o)

Looks interesting though. I hope they go ahead with it.

I love MAC. :) My sister is a cosmetologist, and she insisted on MAC make-up for my wedding make-up when she made me "look pretty." :)

MAC Paint + MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner on my eyes is an awesome combination. It's the only thing I've found that stays put through sweat! With that stuff on, I can go for a run, or teach a fitness class, take a shower after, and still have my eye make-up looking great. :) That combo is also the only make-up I wear day-in day-out, other than a bit of cover-up on the occasional zit.

K. Update.

I have discovered an unsteady hand again. And the eyeliner wouldn't come off.

Wore sunglasses all day at work. Someone asked if I was blind.

No but I frequent the rogers retention forum where I saw you. :P

lol, which explains your good plan

Do you have any long distance on your plan? I just started mine, but I think I'll give them a call in November/December and ask if I can get 100 Canadian LD added on for free hopefully

Heh, you found me. The 2 forums I frequent are RFD and PM101 :D

Did I ever buy/sell you something?

haha shannn, i also saw your username on RFD but did not make any contact.

I frequent a different deal forum under a different username, but I do go to rfd once in a while :)

it's a small (virtual) world :)

lol, which explains your good plan

Do you have any long distance on your plan? I just started mine, but I think I'll give them a call in November/December and ask if I can get 100 Canadian LD added on for free hopefully

Yep I got the 1000 LD. Its a lifesaver man! Going back and forth between mtl, calling all the time, etc. I spent 538mins of it last month. I have no idea how to negotiate add ons in the middle of a contract. Only while renewing. And most RET agents somehow hate me as soon as they pull up my plan. lol. All I get is "I'm sorry sir NO". :rolleyes:

I've started to watch E.R. episodes on the net. It was the first Medshow I've ever watched. Even if the first episodes are 15 yrs old, it still kicks House's and Grey's ass !

I remember watching this show when I was younger (1998-1999?) feeling like I was Dr. Carter or Dr. Greene intubating patients and calling 2-3 letters medical terms like PTT/PT/CT/MRI/etc. for which I had no idea what it meant or did.

I can't believe I am up. Yesterday for the first time in a long while, I fell asleep at my computer. Literally, head on the comp, with all my lights on and data in front of me with "#NUM" sign because I was pressing a button with my head. I kind of woke up, walked around, was like "WTF", brushed my teeth and went to bed. I woke up now and I'm feeling the stupid effects of this. Very tired today. I'm supposed to present my data to my supervisor today and some of it is just odd. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Did I happen to mention I dislike this heat?!

i was attacked by some idiot in st. john's (newfiemike)

He’s climbing in your hotels

He’s snatchin your booze up

Tryna drink em so y’all need to

Hide your kids, hide your screech

And hide your white rum

Cuz he's drinkin' everything out here

We got your t-shirt (actually)

You done left fingerprints and all

You are so dumb

You are really dumb–for real

Kids these days are so deprived when it comes to cartoons. We used to have Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Batman TAS, X-Men TAS, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, and a bunch of other great stuff that I can't remember right now. Nowadays most of the big networks don't even have Saturday morning or weekday evening cartoons, and most of whats on cable is crap.

Kids these days are so deprived when it comes to cartoons. We used to have Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Batman TAS, X-Men TAS, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, and a bunch of other great stuff that I can't remember right now. Nowadays most of the big networks don't even have Saturday morning or weekday evening cartoons, and most of whats on cable is crap.

+1

Recess, Pepperanne, Doug...what was the one where they always said "later dayz"?

i was attacked by some idiot in st. john's (newfiemike)

He’s climbing in your hotels

He’s snatchin your booze up

Tryna drink em so y’all need to

And hide your white rum

Cuz he's drinkin' everything out here

We got your t-shirt (actually)

You done left fingerprints and all

You are so dumb

You are really dumb–for real

so you are still listening to the auto-tune of the bed attacker too?:D

That tune is so addictive. Great verses btw. well well done.

For those of you who missed it, here's the tune to the above...

Archived