Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Cnussey! :D

Smalltowngirl.... I am soooooooooooooo jealous! Watching Kurt skate when I was really little is what initially inspired me to skate (Apparently when I was 2 watching him skate I turned to my mom and said "Mommy, I wanna do dat"... And so my love of skating was born! Lmao! Didn't start until YEARS later though. He's always been my favourite and my idol:))

I made friends with one of the media men today...........

He brought me and my friends up to the commentator box and let us take a picture with Kurt Browning.........

:D:D:D:D

very cool!

isn't kurt so short...and so bald?? lol

it always blows my mind when i meet skaters up close how short they are. even when i see them on the ice they look so much taller!

it always blows my mind when i meet skaters up close how short they are. even when i see them on the ice they look so much taller!

Haha! One sport where being short is a serious advantage. The higher they are the harder they fall ;).

Did you see Patrick Chan's short program????? Omg! 3 falls?!?! One in footwork?!:eek: Yikes! History was made tonight with Kevin Reynolds- first guy to land 2 quads int the short program! Wow! Awesome how a Canuck always pulls of those firsts! Haha! Kurt Browning- first quad in competition. Elvis Stojko- first quad combination in competition. Now Kevin Reynolds with 2 in the short! Pretty awesome! :D

EDIT: Will someone please cut Kevin Reynolds' hair? Seriously. My only complaint.

EDIT 2: Oda's skate- remarkable! I love his knee action and artistry. Simply awesome!

very cool!

isn't kurt so short...and so bald?? lol

lmao...the women pairs skaters make me feel SO TALL! (and I'm short!)

hehehe the pairs asked me if there was a Cora's in town.....I gave them directions :D. hmmmmm now I wonder where I'll be having brunch tomorrow...:o

Haha! One sport where being short is a serious advantage. The higher they are the harder they fall.

Did you see Patrick Chan's short program????? Omg! 3 falls?!?! One in footwork?! Yikes! History was made tonight with Kevin Reynolds- first guy to land 2 quads int the short program! Wow! Awesome how a Canuck always pulls of those firsts! Haha! Kurt Browning- first quad in competition. Elvis Stojko- first quad combination in competition. Now Kevin Reynolds with 2 in the short! Pretty awesome!

EDIT: Will someone please cut Kevin Reynolds' hair? Seriously. My only complaint.

EDIT 2: Oda's skate- remarkable! I love his knee action and artistry. Simply awesome!

Kevin Reynolds=AMAZING skate.....I remember watching him when he was 12 lol, and I was amazed by him back then!

Oda: not surprising that he skated that well :) I love his skating style...

Patrick Chan: ok the falls really surprised me (especially the one on his footwork!!) But what really surprised me is that he's somehow in 4th place....:confused:

EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CNUSSEY!!!!!!!!!!!

l

Patrick Chan: ok the falls really surprised me (especially the one on his footwork!!) But what really surprised me is that he's somehow in 4th place....:confused:

Patrick chan, I am certain, built up the points on the program components side. Also, on the sheer difficulty of his elements. His skating is that much more sophisticated than some of the others...falls or not.

I did. My friend actually hooked us up after telling her that I wasn't going to worry about girls this year but just focus hard on my studies. And then the girl entered and in my mind I clutched my chest. I have no clue if my friend was intentionally trying to sabotage me, lol.

We're going for some coffee later this afternoon and then study together after that; she's in biomedical engineering. :o

What sucks is that if this becomes serious I might regret it because my best shot at med school is McGill, which is on the other side of the country.

Let me tell you something - when you're in a relationship, if it is a good one, you tend to do 1000 times better in school than if you weren't in one. It's always good to have someone. Now, don't worry about med school - it's far away. Think about it when you get in - besides you never know what will happen in the next couple of months. So take it one day at a time. :) Haha

That's what I'm doing and it has worked so far.

Yesterday: media guy invited me and my friends back to the media box, and we got to meet Kurt Browning and Tracy Wilson AGAIN...only this time, I actually got to hold Kurt's CBC microphone :D AWESOME

I also sat right behind/beside/in front of a bunch of different skaters...like both the Canadian pairs teams, Javier Fernandez, Jeremy Ten, and JEFF BUTTLE!!!

Oh, and I ran into Patrick Chan on my way out of the arena...............

This is the best...weekend...EVER!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday: media guy invited me and my friends back to the media box, and we got to meet Kurt Browning and Tracy Wilson AGAIN...only this time, I actually got to hold Kurt's CBC microphone :D AWESOME

I also sat right behind/beside/in front of a bunch of different skaters...like both the Canadian pairs teams, Javier Fernandez, Jeremy Ten, and JEFF BUTTLE!!!

Oh, and I ran into Patrick Chan on my way out of the arena...............

This is the best...weekend...EVER!!!!!!!!!

When I volunteered at the Olympics as a driver, I got to drive Rachel Flatt and her coach from the airport to athlete's village.

She's a hard worker. She had a bag with her skates and another bag with her school books.

When I volunteered at the Olympics as a driver, I got to drive Rachel Flatt and her coach from the airport to athlete's village.

She's a hard worker. She had a bag with her skates and another bag with her school books.

i believe Rachel was accepted to Stanford but has deferred admission to focus on skating. I could be wrong, though!

STG, sounds like SC was a good experience for you. Next time, VOLUNTEER at the event. You get to watch for free, have tons of access to the backstage, and other assorted perks. Woohoo for Canada winning 5 medals, including 2 golds :D

Archived