Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carved a pumpkin today for halloween (to go with the Puss in Boots, Dragon and haunted house my mom carved). Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I hope it gets dark soon so the kids can see what it looks like!...... I wonder if any of them will recognize it?

On a different note- any Albertans know when the "fall back" of the "Spring Forward/Fall Back" starts? (Can't remember if it's daylight savings time starting or ending......)

Doing my UofA app last minute (again). The good thing about doing this one last minute is that I have the basics all pretty much done from last year's app and from all the apps for this year. Just a little tweaking. Should be done tonight easily (meaning that this will be the app I submit the earliest! lol). Last one for this year, then the waiting game begins.... again:rolleyes:....

broke up with my girlfriend yesterday. Je suis sad.

*e-hugs* Hope you're doing ok

Bad day Bad day Bad day

50% midterm cominggggggggg

And snow projected for TO on Friday!!!!

Good luck on the midterm!!!!

LOL! Edmonton's already had. And melted (Spring already?! Lol- I wish). Apparently we're supposed to get up to 15 or so this week.... and then probably cool back down to around 0. I don't mind the cold when it stays cold, but when it goes from nice to cool, it makes it that much worse. I don't like roller coasters- especially with the weather!

Submitted the last app for this year (and hopefully the last app ever! lol)! :D. Now to play the waiting game until mid-February. What will I do until then?! Oh yeah... coach, skate, do research, apply for nursing (back up plan), do my Athabasca U courses, and travel out to eastern Canada for a week and a bit. I think I'll have an easier time waiting this year than last year:p! lol

broke up with my girlfriend yesterday. Je suis sad.

Sorry to hear about that Newf. :( I want to say it gets easier with time but I know that won't change things. e-hugs.

This week has gone from bad to worst. ever. I can only hope that now that the rock bottom is here, it won't be any worse.

It frustrates me when people can't understand that there is more than one way to solve some problems. Even when you explain to them how both their way and your way are right, they still insist that you're wrong. And then they tell everyone just how wrong you are. And then when you get the test back and you get the question right and they got marks taken off for not giving a complete answer, they get mad and blame you for confusing them with your "wrong" ideas (which were right). Grrr.

Ok, mini-rant over.

Good luck on the midterm!!!!

LOL! Edmonton's already had. And melted (Spring already?! Lol- I wish). Apparently we're supposed to get up to 15 or so this week.... and then probably cool back down to around 0. I don't mind the cold when it stays cold, but when it goes from nice to cool, it makes it that much worse. I don't like roller coasters- especially with the weather!

Thanks!

I don't think you've ever said the weather's good where you live LOL

such a good mood. Had my first grad school midterm today. Cellular/Molecular Neuroscience. What a dense load of material. I'm so stoked I never have to care about patch clamp ever again! WOOOO!

Next up, developmental. looking forward to it.

Just wait until your first committee meeting when some wonderful character advises that 'oh, wouldn't it be nice if you did some patch clamp to show bla bla bla as well'...or if you present some background for your project based on patch clamp and a smart aleck asks you to explain how it works ;)

things have a way of coming back to bite you in the a$$ in grad studies! beware!

Okay... How is it possible that I'm practically raping biomechanics which requires analysis of graphs, crazy equations and calculations and I'm doing only subpar in my specialization course?!?!?!?!!??!!?! I don't get it. It was always the other way around and the course I was the most scared of was the one that I'm doing very well in.... and I ended up taking it because it was with a good prof and I thought it would be rather interesting despite my fears... Now, I'm fearing that I'm going to crumble and fall in the area which I should be rocking right now.

Plus my interests have shifted onto more physics/biomechanics over the past week... Like what the hell?!?!?! I need to ask myself this question: do you want to for the rest of your life do calculations and pure physics/math applied to the body? would that make you happier???!?!?!?!?! :eek:

End of rant.

One more thing.... pretty disappointed in myself for not doing all too well in the other course....

Archived