Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cnussey, i broke down and brought the chocolates indoors. Slowly the mini Aeros are disappearing. They are reappearing as bulges at my waist line at an alarming rate!!!

I swear, after this exam I am hitting the gym twice as much as I am now...must...break...addiction...to...carbs...

In other news, I am taking a practical exam in a month for one of my volunteering commitments. I received the 'pre exam questionnaire' yesterday and I swear to god they took a book out of med school MMIs. Half the questions are ethical scenario questions, the other half are 'what do you think the top issues are in _____, and can you suggest some ways to fix them?'. Hurray for lots of med app and MMI practice, I don't feel too stressed about this at all.

Okay... How is it possible that I'm practically raping biomechanics which requires analysis of graphs, crazy equations and calculations and I'm doing only subpar in my specialization course?!?!?!?!!??!!?! I don't get it. It was always the other way around and the course I was the most scared of was the one that I'm doing very well in.... and I ended up taking it because it was with a good prof and I thought it would be rather interesting despite my fears... Now, I'm fearing that I'm going to crumble and fall in the area which I should be rocking right now.

Plus my interests have shifted onto more physics/biomechanics over the past week... Like what the hell?!?!?! I need to ask myself this question: do you want to for the rest of your life do calculations and pure physics/math applied to the body? would that make you happier???!?!?!?!?! :eek:

End of rant.

One more thing.... pretty disappointed in myself for not doing all too well in the other course....

Chillz! You're not going to "crumble and fall." It's grad level courses for the first time so you're bound to spend the first few months acclimatizing. Learn the system and then adjust yourself accordingly. That's what I'm doing now. I was too used to the British system of examining and that's what kept screwing me over at UTSC but I've started to change it.

Finished a 50% midterm today. I think it was great overall but the paper itself was quite hard (lots of questions with intentionally misleading answers) so I'm expecting some curving.

NO. I cannot do that for you because I have no time off. NO, I do not get weekends off. I don't care if you think that is stupid because guess what, moron, people get sick on the weekend! If you can stop being sick for 2 days then maybe I can have a break!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have call Friday night. Monday night. Thursday night. Saturday night.

I don't know why I'm always on call by myself and other people in my group get at least one buddy, or two buddies.

It's an I-Hate-Medicine day.

The Twix ran out? :(

Renin: I think the way I would look at this is "I f%##@$^ rock!!!!" The fact that you're the ONLY one on call and you don't have a buddy could mean you can handle stress and everything else that goes on in the ER by yourself. Now, I know this might be unrealistic, but isn't it such a huge compliment? Because you rock.... :D

There... I spun it in a positive direction. Now, want some M&Ms? :D

So, I go out to my car which is parked in front of my townhouse and instantly notice a gigantic (like 6") scratch on the rear drivers side door... right beside the car I notice a fairly large rock that matches both the color of residue left and the general pattern of the scratch. 10 ft away my neighbours kid and the rest of the neighbourhood gang are playing "run around the parking lot". They see me, come over and before I say anything they say "omg... what happened? We weren't even here when that happened."

Freaking kids!

At least have the deceny to dispose of the rock in an area I won't see it... amateur.

Needless to say, I'll be having a conversation with my neighbour... I just hope he doesn't beat his kid for this.

Renin: I think the way I would look at this is "I f%##@$^ rock!!!!" The fact that you're the ONLY one on call and you don't have a buddy could mean you can handle stress and everything else that goes on in the ER by yourself. Now, I know this might be unrealistic, but isn't it such a huge compliment? Because you rock.... :D

There... I spun it in a positive direction. Now, want some M&Ms? :D

I luvs you. I got more Twix.

Archived