Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Dude, I'm deathly ill right now too. And not in the good way. I took a 3 hr nap and feel better though. Usually when I get sick I try to wrap myself in blankets and sleep for as long as possible. Try to bake yourself with high heat as much as possible. Remember leap, you have foreign immune system. You iz stronger than these pityful westerners. ;)

Yeah. I tried that. It didn't work. I don't sweat. WTF!!!! But my nose is less stuffy than it was yesterday. However, fever.... BAH :mad: Get better Dee!!!

Well, I consider myself to be somewhat of a romantic. I've had a few long-term relationships that have ended in a mutual breakup because I was just so busy with school that I didn't have the time to see her. That's sort of the reason why I really don't want to be in a relationship in 4th year, but you can't help what you feel.

Along with getting my MD, finding that right person is the most important goal I have, as mawkish as that sounds.

yeah, finding an ideal partner is one of my most idealized goals too, no shame in that :)

Awwwwww... how cute of you 2. I just love it when guys admit this. :D

Stop telling people what I say to you on MSN Renin, that's private.

LOL...

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 more post. Better make it count.

It ended up in the med douche thread. Very appropriate, lol

Dude, I'm deathly ill right now too. And not in the good way. I took a 3 hr nap and feel better though. Usually when I get sick I try to wrap myself in blankets and sleep for as long as possible. Try to bake yourself with high heat as much as possible. Remember leap, you have foreign immune system. You iz stronger than these pityful westerners. ;)

How can you be deathly ill in a good way?

Go sit in the Evo. You'll probably feel 10X better

Well, I consider myself to be somewhat of a romantic. I've had a few long-term relationships that have ended in a mutual breakup because I was just so busy with school that I didn't have the time to see her. That's sort of the reason why I really don't want to be in a relationship in 4th year, but you can't help what you feel.

Along with getting my MD, finding that right person is the most important goal I have, as mawkish as that sounds.

Don't worry, you're a guy. Girls are attracted to men with an MD :)

If I randomly meet that girl, I won't tell her I'm a physician. I'm just not going to mention my job, lol.

I don't want no girl to take my money when I'm in need and have me thinking she's a triflin' friend indeed.

lol, just so you know, I tried that. Guys run away when they find out that I'm a med student. Be ready for the opposite ;)

on a related note- this halloween I went as Tom Cruise from Risky Business... needless to say I did a lot of sliding around in my socks and underwear.

Also, there was another guy who was Maverick... but he just couldn't quite sell it...

I think we've got our halloween costume for next year - Maverick and Goose.

Best questions I got asked today: "If I told you that I got you box seats tickets to the Sens/Sharks game as an early Christmas gift, would this get me out of the doghouse?"

Replace one of the two with Oilers and the short answer would be: yes. Long answer: heck yes! lol

Just realized the poor timing of this reply given how crappy they played yesterday....... Sometimes I'm pretty sure I could do better. Soon we'll be back on top... either of the draft or in the league! LOL! At least we're not quite as bad as the Leafs (cup-less streak-wise) yet :P.

Find a mountie! Neither Law nor Dee have a horsey

True... but I'd rather sit in a hot car than on a smelly horsey:D

This is going to be the weirdest question ever, but does anyone have (or know where to get) any of the old-school Mr. Sketch smelly markers? We use them on the ice for skating (for drawing out circuits and tracings for the Canskaters/junior skaters) and they work(ed) really well, but this year they've changed the marker themselves, and it's no longer the wide tip- they've made them narrower for "ease of colouring" or something. Which doesn't work now on the ice :-(. There aren't any other markers that work (crayola doesn't show up, sharpies are permanent, others are too narrow/don't work). I'm thinking that all the skating clubs in Canada need to write strongly worded letters of disapproval, since pretty much everyone used these markers exclusively (since they're the only ones that work) and now they don't either :mad: Ugh. I seriously don't know what to do- "make the scary spider disappear" (when teaching how to make snow for stopping) doesn't work if you can't draw the "scary spider".......... Neither does having them follow a circuit/obstacle course-like thing to keep them moving if they have no idea where to go.

Sorry for the random rant. It's just frustrating when the only thing that works, no longer does. *sigh*

EDIT: Just read this on the "Overheard at the UofA" facebook group and had to share (I'm not sure if I should be shaking my head in disbelief or running screaming from any surgery or hospital stay I may need):

Nursing Student 1: "Which liver? Because we have 2 right?"

Nursing Student 2: "No, I don't think so"

:eek:

Replace one of the two with Oilers and the short answer would be: yes. Long answer: heck yes! lol

Just realized the poor timing of this reply given how crappy they played yesterday....... Sometimes I'm pretty sure I could do better. Soon we'll be back on top... either of the draft or in the league! LOL! At least we're not quite as bad as the Leafs (cup-less streak-wise) yet :P.

True... but I'd rather sit in a hot car than on a smelly horsey:D

This is going to be the weirdest question ever, but does anyone have (or know where to get) any of the old-school Mr. Sketch smelly markers? We use them on the ice for skating (for drawing out circuits and tracings for the Canskaters/junior skaters) and they work(ed) really well, but this year they've changed the marker themselves, and it's no longer the wide tip- they've made them narrower for "ease of colouring" or something. Which doesn't work now on the ice :-(. There aren't any other markers that work (crayola doesn't show up, sharpies are permanent, others are too narrow/don't work). I'm thinking that all the skating clubs in Canada need to write strongly worded letters of disapproval, since pretty much everyone used these markers exclusively (since they're the only ones that work) and now they don't either :mad: Ugh. I seriously don't know what to do- "make the scary spider disappear" (when teaching how to make snow for stopping) doesn't work if you can't draw the "scary spider".......... Neither does having them follow a circuit/obstacle course-like thing to keep them moving if they have no idea where to go.

Sorry for the random rant. It's just frustrating when the only thing that works, no longer does. *sigh*

EDIT: Just read this on the "Overheard at the UofA" facebook group and had to share (I'm not sure if I should be shaking my head in disbelief or running screaming from any surgery or hospital stay I may need):

Nursing Student 1: "Which liver? Because we have 2 right?"

Nursing Student 2: "No, I don't think so"

:eek:

At least your team can say that they had a dynasty and won some cups. And I'd only worry about being as bad as the Leafs when you start trading multiple 1st round picks.

As for your marker situation, I looked at ****blick (and art supply site) and I saw something that may be of interest to you and give you hope (although you'll have to wait until 2011):

New version not effective

By Skate instructors from Vancouver BC on 10/16/2010

Comments about Sanford Mr. Sketch Scented Markers:

These markers were our favourites!!! as Ice Skating instructors we found that they were the ONLY marker that was efficient for drawing on the ice surface to help demonstrate skills and incorporate fun into our lessons. Each of us always has at least a handfull of them in our pockets! But the New hard rounded tips ( not the good felt chisel tip) do not show up on the ice at all... PLEASE CHANGE THEM BACK!!!!! Thank you!!

**** Blick Response: Thank you for your review. Sanford has listened to the comments made by you and other customers with similar concerns and they will be changing back to the original felt tips for their Mr. Sketch Markers. This change will take place sometime during the first of the year (2011) and will be a rolling change for us. Therefore, we will have residual stock of the nylon tip for awhile. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Product Information at 800-933-2542.

Edit: lol at pm101 censoring an art supply company name.

At least your team can say that they had a dynasty and won some cups. And I'd only worry about being as bad as the Leafs when you start trading multiple 1st round picks.

As for your marker situation, I looked at ****blick (and art supply site) and I saw something that may be of interest to you and give you hope (although you'll have to wait until 2011):

Edit: lol at pm101 censoring an art supply company name.

You are my hero!:D

Thanks for the info!!! I'll have to let everyone know at the rink that we just have to wait it out. Maybe I can call them and get some shipped to my house.....

Just goes to show you how much of an impact some figure skaters/coaches have! Mind you... considering the sales to skaters and coaches probably kept them in buisness..... haha!

And in response to your comment about the Laffs: BAHAHAHAHA :D. Genius! I don't even think they have one this year, do they? :P But Kessel and Phagoof will take them all the way....... *eyeroll* hehehehe!

*Ducks and hides from angry Laffs fans*

To follow up on the funnies that is mcgill med school read this facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Today-at-MedSchool/164663283545159

My current fav is this:

#16:

Teacher: The anterior border of the lung is sharp!

Student: Um, sir, what do you mean by "sharp"?

Teacher: ... *draws a pencil on the blackboard and points to the eraser* This is blunt. *points to tip* This is SHARP.

Class: ...

...Teacher: Thank you.

Have you ever met someone who drives you absolutely insane (in a good way)??? :o

On another note, feeling much better today. No fever. Just stuffy nose. Good. :)

Awww that's cute leap. I'm glad I have such an effect on you!

Unrelated - I'm not amused at being yelled at by an ID doc because a patient was put on a "retarded" regimen of antibiotics in ER that I only found out was on our team's service 5 minutes ago.

I'd need a weird physician wife, what are my choices: psychiatry, pathology, neurology, some hippy family doc.. any other suggestions? In the end I think I'll probably end up with an prof in the humanities or an artist, or one of the aforementioned doctors... maybe an environmental lawyer or lobbyist... nonetheless I don't really care about my partners income as long as they have interests I think are cool too (i.e. they could be a painter)

physical criteria: i like small girls (I'm shorter)... so 5'0-5'5, 100-140 pounds, race doesn't really matter, although i prefer white and spanish people aesthetically, not much of a tits guy, a b cup would be nice, i like tasteful tattoos and piercings, so that would be hot, but it doesn't matter either way

probably punkish, contrarian, capricious, care-free, opinionated, lackadaisical about how others view them, cheery (no more borderline personality people please!!), likes to travel and live in other countries, ridiculously smart and educated in the humanities, if she knows some science thats a plus, wants to have kids late, very cultured (in art and music), very open to new experiences, doesn't really see age as something that defines where "were supposed to be" in life

Hmm, I'm not sure if I really want a physician wife. I guess I'll see in the decade to come. :)

In other news, I'm listening to Kanye West's new album. It's really good. :D

Archived