Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

F1d1 = F2d2

seesaw-01.jpg

That's me on top and UofT at the bottom

Thanks, Leon, but that doesn't explain moments on the force plate and their relationship to centre of pressure and centre of mass. :( I feel like crying right now. I think I wrote the most pathetic e-mail to my TA, pretty much screaming "I'M DUMB. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" :(

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, Leon, but that doesn't explain moments on the force plate and their relationship to centre of pressure and centre of mass. :( I feel like crying right now. I think I wrote the most pathetic e-mail to my TA, pretty much screaming "I'M DUMB. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" :(

dw, TA's are there to help. If you really don't get it, ask the prof. It might be the way that it's being explained. And stop being so under confident!

I use a spoon ... like ... a teaspoon.

I tried that before... it squirts its juices everywhere when I try that:o

Went on Youtube and foud a seeding technique for a pomegrenade for you :D

There you go:

Thank you sooo much!! I'm definitely going to try that with the next one I buy! I love pomegranates, but I don't buy them very often because they make such a mess. Hopefully it really is as easy as he shows it! :D

Everybody please hold their breath, cross their fingers, pray, etc.--tomorrow is the first phase of my separation agreement. He's still on the honeymoon phase of his cycle, but he's been moving towards "normal" again and I don't know how difficult he's gonna make it.

Sigh. Can't wait until my regular stresses return.

Sending lots of hugs, thoughts, prayers and crossed fingers through the internet for you Cnussey!

Testing a dance in figure skating on Friday (the Rhumba for those of you that know skating). I'm so nervous already! But, I suppose I can't do much worse than last time I tested- 1/6 leaves TONS of room for improvement:rolleyes: I think I'm going to go youtube the dance so I can see how the pros do it and see if I can copy them...

EDIT: After watching Dubreuil/Lauzon (love how the announcers totally murder their last names!):

and Torvill/Dean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3-3AahwHTo, I have decided that I need to bend my knees WAY more and widestep on the choctaw more. On the bright side, I think my unison is pretty good, same with my pattern... So... hopefully this time is at least a 2/6! haha

Everybody please hold their breath, cross their fingers, pray, etc.--tomorrow is the first phase of my separation agreement. He's still on the honeymoon phase of his cycle, but he's been moving towards "normal" again and I don't know how difficult he's gonna make it.

Sigh. Can't wait until my regular stresses return.

Hope things work out! - sounds like a difficult time :(

EDIT: My dad's watching the BC/Sask football game... and I really don't understand how they can't make 10 yards on 3 tries... I mean... throwing a football isn't THAT hard... and I'm a girl:p
I watched that game. 2OTs of football fun. And if you think that they should be able to get 10 yards on 3 downs, then the NFL must be pathetic for giving their teams 4 downs for 10 years.

Went on Youtube and foud a seeding technique for a pomegrenade for you :D

There you go:

Thank you sooo much!! I'm definitely going to try that with the next one I buy! I love pomegranates, but I don't buy them very often because they make such a mess. Hopefully it really is as easy as he shows it! :D
I use this (underwater) technique every time I seed a pomegranate. It does work and there's no mess at all.

I think this incident captures my personality well:

(during lecture)

Me: Dude do you have season 4 of house?

My friend: No I don't.

Me: What? I thought you did!

My friend: No man.

Med-P: Maybe you should try to get that AFTER our exam on thursday.

Me: Quiet you MedP!

I showed him who's boss. :cool:

Yea, the new science wing is blocked and 8 police cars. No one knows anything though

The ghettoness of scarborough encroaches upon you...

Dear TA,

After meeting with a bunch of other students who have finally finished their labs, I am prompted to write you this message. I don't know how to make this sound nice so here it goes "You're WRONG! So SUCK IT!"

Yours truly,

Leapster

P.S. I was beside the person you e-mailed 2 minutes after they sent you an e-mail to meet with you. Why is it so hard to respond to my e-mails? It's just a press of a "Reply". But then again, you wouldn't want to admit that you're wrong... now would you?!

yes, that is quite a good name... but i was referring to the fact that this is his legal name... it's got so much character to it.

Ah. I misread your initial post- I thought that was the character's name.

I watched that game. 2OTs of football fun. And if you think that they should be able to get 10 yards on 3 downs, then the NFL must be pathetic for giving their teams 4 downs for 10 years.

I use this (underwater) technique every time I seed a pomegranate. It does work and there's no mess at all.

4 downs for 10 years?;). Yes I do think that the NFL is worse- 4 tries to get 10 yards and 10 less yards on the field (or 5... Can't remember). Don't get me wrong- I like watching it (even if I don't totally understand all the rules) but it's just SO easy to make fun of! :P

I think this incident captures my personality well:

(during lecture)

Me: Dude do you have season 4 of house?

My friend: No I don't.

Me: What? I thought you did!

My friend: No man.

Med-P: Maybe you should try to get that AFTER our exam on thursday.

Me: Quiet you MedP!

I showed him who's boss. :cool:

So mean! :P

Cutest thing happened at skating today- as I was teaching this one little boy, he wanted to show me his "skyral" (instead of spiral- skating move). Hehe! So cute! Almost as cute as the girl that asked me if I could do a "tractor". I was SO confused for the longest time until I was talking about it with another coach. She told me the girl asked her the same thing- and she figured out what the girl meant- a quad!:P Lmao!

I must say, the mods are doing an awesome job. Especially with the latest thread closure.

Dear TA,

After meeting with a bunch of other students who have finally finished their labs, I am prompted to write you this message. I don't know how to make this sound nice so here it goes "You're WRONG! So SUCK IT!"

Yours truly,

Leapster

P.S. I was beside the person you e-mailed 2 minutes after they sent you an e-mail to meet with you. Why is it so hard to respond to my e-mails? It's just a press of a "Reply". But then again, you wouldn't want to admit that you're wrong... now would you?!

oooh. So it wasn't your fault that you didn't get it?

4 downs for 10 years?;). Yes I do think that the NFL is worse- 4 tries to get 10 yards and 10 less yards on the field (or 5... Can't remember). Don't get me wrong- I like watching it (even if I don't totally understand all the rules) but it's just SO easy to make fun of! :P

Sure cnb, 4 downs (or tries) to get "only" 10 yards. Nevermind the fact that there are 12 guys out there who weigh anywhere from 250-450lbs, mainly muscle, who can move ridiculously quick trying to hurt you in everyway possible at every step of those 10 yards.

Oh, but it's not "that hard" to catch a ball? Well it's a little harder when you have to worry about something like this after you catch the ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwAhWlfF3NM&feature=related

Take special note of the recoil on both of their bodies at 0:27.

Sure cnb, 4 downs (or tries) to get "only" 10 yards. Nevermind the fact that there are 12 guys out there who weigh anywhere from 250-450lbs, mainly muscle, who can move ridiculously quick trying to hurt you in everyway possible at every step of those 10 yards.

Oh, but it's not "that hard" to catch a ball? Well it's a little harder when you have to worry about something like this after you catch the ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwAhWlfF3NM&feature=related

Take special note of the recoil on both of their bodies at 0:27.

Well that's why you make sure you aren't near one of those 12 people;) And for the record I said throwing a ball wasn't that hard. At my size, quarterback is the only position I'd be able to do:p

And as for the vid.... as Don Cherry says: "That's why you gotta keep your head up";)

(Seriously though.... ouch.:eek:)

Well that's why you make sure you aren't near one of those 12 people;) And for the record I said throwing a ball wasn't that hard. At my size, quarterback is the only position I'd be able to do:p

And as for the vid.... as Don Cherry says: "That's why you gotta keep your head up";)

(Seriously though.... ouch.:eek:)

Could you throw a ball accurately with somebody like this bearing down on you and nowhere to run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9R2nOA2ACE&feature=related

Keep watching to determine what happens if you actually do "stay in there".

Could you throw a ball accurately with somebody like this bearing down on you and nowhere to run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9R2nOA2ACE&feature=related

Keep watching to determine what happens if you actually do "stay in there".

I'm so short people say they can't see me anyways.... so as soon as I had the ball everyone would be like "OMG Where'd it go?!" At which point I just casually walk into the endzone and do a kickass touchdown celebration;)

Yards not years! Maybe I shouldn't be on pm101 and trying to do lab work at the same time. lol.

I must say, the mods are doing an awesome job. Especially with the latest thread closure.
I think so too (although I may be bias :P ) But I just deleted about 15 spam threads and after a while, I got tired of looking at the same Avatar picture in them. *sigh*

Archived