Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not being into hockey at all I have no idea why there are waffle jokes. Could someone please tell me?
Once upon a time, in early December, the Leafs were playing (the Flyers I think) at the ACC and a fan was tired of all the losing so he threw a few Eggos onto the ice at the end of the game. It was really random, which made it funny. So the internet world turned it into a running joke for the Leafs. The green men then made fun of it in Vancouver, because that's what the green men do. Then this past Monday, again at the ACC, another guy threw some Eggos onto the ice when the Leafs were losing to the Thrashers. The end.

No reason. It was under review. I can understand it... but don't know why they won't implement something to compensate for those types applicants...

it's a long shot, but they may still have something that they can replace it with... a very long shot, but you never know.

still sucks for those that could have used it.

No reason. It was under review. I can understand it... but don't know why they won't implement something to compensate for those types applicants...
Hmm. I knew it was under review, but I never really understood why. Was having the 10 year rule really that much of an issue for UBC? I can understand grad reviews being extra work, but I just don't get the issue with the 10 year rule.

Well, I had already given up on UBC anyways. Without something to replace it I can't even apply for another 2 yrs. Really.

Do you know what my average was for the 98-99 school year? 42%. For 10 courses. I can go around blaming everyone, but it really was up to me to make the right choices, and I knew going into this that I was going to have to work 10x harder than everyone else to make up for it. So.

I guess it's time for PPB to go in motion... moving to be IP in other places. Gotta talk to John about it, I guess.

maybe I should edit the signature now? :D:(

Well, I had already given up on UBC anyways. Without something to replace it I can't even apply for another 2 yrs. Really.

Do you know what my average was for the 98-99 school year? 42%. For 10 courses. I can go around blaming everyone, but it really was up to me to make the right choices, and I knew going into this that I was going to have to work 10x harder than everyone else to make up for it. So.

I guess it's time for PPB to go in motion... moving to be IP in other places. Gotta talk to John about it, I guess.

maybe I should edit the signature now? :D:(

Sorry, Kyla. You're totally going to rock out PPB.

Sorry, Kyla. You're totally going to rock out PPB.

I'm not actully too upset, I kind of expected it, of course.

I think I'm more happy about the DADT repeal, I did not think it was going to go through in 2010.

Today will be forever in my mind as the DADT/10-yr rule repeal day. :D

Seriously though- is moving to the Yukon the strangest idea ever, or a smart move?

I'm not actully too upset, I kind of expected it, of course.

I think I'm more happy about the DADT repeal, I did not think it was going to go through in 2010.

Today will be forever in my mind as the DADT/10-yr rule repeal day. :D

Seriously though- is moving to the Yukon the strangest idea ever, or a smart move?

DADT got repealed? Yay!!!

In regards to PPB, I think it's a good idea, in theory. You said you had family there? And it would make you more competitive at other schools. Realistically, though, UBC doesn't have a definitive solution for us yet about what they will do to compensate for the repeal of the 10 year rule. They will have an answer in January, and you can decide what to do at that point. It might end up benefiting you.

Wow, Georges St. Pierre is Sportsnet 2010 Canadian Athlete of the Year as voted by sports fans. Its amazing to see how far he and his sport have become. In Toronto, he is arguably the best known athlete. The official one is Lou Marsh award as voted by journalist but that isn't a fair representation as journalists are like 50 and 60, lol.

It also helps that the he's the only known Canadian in MMA at the moment. A champ in his division to boot.

Archived