Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I met a Persian girl in my astronomy class and she's also a partner for my astronomy lab. She likes me. I like her.

She's in first year.

What do?

the real question is, given her limited time on earth... will she be able to help you complete the crossword puzzle whilst sitting on your patio holding hands...

there was a really nice (and good looking) guy in my archaeology class whom i would sit with all the time and i always debated asking him out but i never did. he actually works at a store near where i live though, but i think it would be kinda weird going in there and being like "hey, can i get 500 grams of the turkey breast? by the way, we should hang out some time..."

it's probably for the best anyways since i'm moving back to vancouver in a couple months

anywho, my point is.. just ask!

there was a really nice (and good looking) guy in my archaeology class whom i would sit with all the time and i always debated asking him out but i never did. he actually works at a store near where i live though, but i think it would be kinda weird going in there and being like "hey, can i get 500 grams of the turkey breast? by the way, we should hang out some time..."

it's probably for the best anyways since i'm moving back to vancouver in a couple months

OR you could just write your number on the 500g of turkey breast and hope he sees it. lol.

Watched a friend get butchered today in his MSc defense. The physiology person went off the tangent, asking him about cross bridge formation and Ca levels and low frequency fatigue. Then my supervisor tried to salvage my friend by asking him questions related to the field... It was brutal. I think the worst thing was coming out of the defense and you ask a girl what she thought about it and she goes "I thought it was okay" and I go "seriously?! You don't think he got butchered with phys questions??!?!? Phys questions that got nothing to do with the field itself?!?!" and she goes "What are you talking about?!?!? Prof. _____________ is one of the best ones in the field. He's awesome." :rolleyes: Right....

I feel very tired today. I have so much data to process and I'm collecting on Monday as well. That will be 10x more data. I'm also teaching 4 people to use our motion capture system while also trying to collect. It should get interesting. And I'm supervising an independent study student.

I guess there are others that are feeling tired too so I'm not the only one. I had a good laugh yesterday though.... *Some* men really think that women are dumb. lol.

Anyway, resolved the issue I had with a colleague the other day. I actually went into his office and was like "Hey... did you get my e-mail by any chance?" and he goes "Which one?" and I'm like "The one I sent the other day.... I send you maybe 1 e-mail in 2 months?! Or did you just put me on spam?" and he scrolled and found my e-mail and was like "Ahhh yes... I was meaning to e-mail you but I was waiting to hear from them so that I'd be able to answer your question in more detail." Anyway, he went on to give me a whole lot of other info not asked in that e-mail. And then for some odd reason, he started asking me some questions and somehow he knew a lot about my schedule and life. Pffft. I was going to say "You follow me or what?" lol. I find it odd but funny at the same time.

Well, back to processing this piece of shiat. lol.

I just thought that maybe the age difference was weird. :(

I guess I should go for it then.

As soon as you are out of high school, age differences go out the window. It is more about whether or not you're on the same maturity wavelength.

Have fun, live life! (let us know how it goes--we are nosy!)

so true!! i dated a girl that was older than me for a long time and she totally rocked my worldview, and exposed me to ideas and a hundred things i would have never done if i hadn't met her, now 99.5 percent of girls i meet are boring to me in comparison... interestingly enough i met an attractive 18 year old girl on vacation like 6 months ago that actually had an incredible intellect and could hold up a conversation with me (which is rare when i don't dumb myself down) and even challenge my ideas really intelligibly, i passed her up because of the age difference but looking back i wish i hadn't since i haven't met someone like that since...

come to think of it, i've never dated anyone younger than myself so age really doesn't matter

i guess just have fun with someone who rocks your world, whatever their age

p.s. i hate the weather here, my cars stuck in my driveway b/c the snow plow people plowed a mountain of snow onto it and im quoted at 16 hours for a tow, fml, lol, im thinking of going to the gas station a few blocks a day and offering anyone with a truck 40 dollars to pull me out

As soon as you are out of high school, age differences go out the window. It is more about whether or not you're on the same maturity wavelength.

Have fun, live life! (let us know how it goes--we are nosy!)

totally! you only live once :)

I met a Persian girl in my astronomy class and she's also a partner for my astronomy lab. She likes me. I like her.

She's in first year.

What do?

Like everyone else said, go for it.

...And then for some odd reason, he started asking me some questions and somehow he knew a lot about my schedule and life. Pffft. I was going to say "You follow me or what?" lol. I find it odd but funny at the same time.
Maybe he is following you...:eek:

It's been snowing here since last night. Blizzard type snow. Called the bf to come over and shovel, but a water pipe broke in a busy road yesterday and he's helping an elderly neighbour of his clean up from the flooding. I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow to shovel. *sigh*

You never know what'll work out until you try though, especially if you like her :)

I was, but then I realised it probably wouldn't work out since we rarely have time to see each other due to our busy lives and the fact that she's a party animal. I like to party, but damn, girl, not every other day.

Hi Cnus,

Long time!

Hope you're doing well.

Anxiety overwhelmed me during the holidays...I stayed clear of here rather than spilling all kinds of sappy messages. In fact, I missed a date with stg (the original) on here...didn't check this page :(

Next court date: Feb 3rd.

My parents bought me a car, which makes my life easier....my landlord is apparently getting ready to evict me (for no reason) considering he has an ad (just put up on Friday!) listing my apartment for a cheaper price than I'm paying for it....

hmmm, what else....got a rabbit....my son is in French daycare (and my French is very poor)....

I think that sums up a lot of the things that has happened recently.

Glad to see you are surviving! Just keep the head above water, that's all you can do.

I miss you!

*e-hugs*

LL

Anxiety overwhelmed me during the holidays...I stayed clear of here rather than spilling all kinds of sappy messages. In fact, I missed a date with stg (the original) on here...didn't check this page :(

Next court date: Feb 3rd.

My parents bought me a car, which makes my life easier....my landlord is apparently getting ready to evict me (for no reason) considering he has an ad (just put up on Friday!) listing my apartment for a cheaper price than I'm paying for it....

hmmm, what else....got a rabbit....my son is in French daycare (and my French is very poor)....

I think that sums up a lot of the things that has happened recently.

wow!

please be my friend. please move here and cook for me. I have the food but can't find the time right now :(

No empty tummies at kylamonkey's house!!!! :D

I had 3L of heavy cream that were going to expire within the week.

Had.

Now I have:

-1 huge pot of cream of potato soup

-2 recipes of cheese sauce for mac-n-cheese (will serve 16)

-a banana cream pie

Archived