Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was going to be really ambitious tomorrow (or today depending on how you look at things) and get up at 5 (har har... More like hit the snooze button until 5:30) so I could go to the rink for morning ice. It's currently 1am. I don't think that's happening. I value my sleep. Besides, after doing enough morning ice back in junior high/high school, I realized (thankfully early enough not to do any major damage) that I'm completely useless when it comes to jumping or spinning at the ungodly hour of 6am. I used to just practice turns and edges because that's all I could do without half-killing myself trying to be semi-coordinated enough for jumps.

Now, if they had 1... or even 3am practices, I'd be there. I'm a night person. Not so much a morning person.

Maybe I'll be ambitious enough next Wednesday/Friday to brave morning ice.......

Mind you, I've been saying that twice a week, every week since the beginning of September........:rolleyes:

So bf & I had plans for a nice dinner out last night. We're walking down the street to get to the restaurant and we pass MacLaren's (a sports bar type of place). Who's standing outside waiting to get in? Why, it's bf's buddies! Now, these guys are cool, and generally I don't mind hanging out with them, but I just wanted to have dinner. It's been a stressful week. But do we continue down the street to get to the restaurant? Nooooo. We go in because bf's "just going to play a quick game of pool." One game turns into two games, turns into him playing in a pool tournament and me watching the game at the bar. Only up side to the evening was some random guy bought me drinks, since he thought I was there alone to watch the game. *grumble grumble*

I hate getting stuck with people I rather not be with... It's unfortunate. I try my best to change the situation, but unfortunately sometimes you have to work with people you really despise (like I am at my workplace as we speak)...

I have to work with the most annoying girl ever for my MICB 421 research article (along with two friends, a girl and a guy). I was talking with my other guy group member in private how he was prepping for his UBC interview and out of nowhere, the annoying girl, let's call her S, pops up and asks us what we're talking about.

I said that we were talking about our interview prepping and how I was in a couple of MMI practice groups. She asks if she can join. I'm thinking to myself "didn't you me you didn't get an interview after you had asked me if I had gotten an interview just over a month ago?" But I never said that and I just said that our groups were full and there wasn't anymore room and that I wasn't even the head organiser. I can tell after I said that she was pissed off. She asked me when my interview was and I told her it was on the 12th. She says hers is on the day before, but 12th is the earliest date for UBC. :confused:

Back to talking to my other friend in private, he asked me "didn't S sort of announce to the entire 403 class when she was talking to you that she didn't get an interview?"

This girl is so annoying and I can't stand her. I'm stuck with her for another 3 months. I mean, if she actually did get an interview, then great for her, but goddamn she is annoying.

So, a student I'm supervising got scared ****less of MY project and went to the prof to tell him he/she is worried and scared. MY project. SCARED OF MY PROJECT. Why the hell is he/she scared of my f^#$%#$%# project?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! :confused:

The first pilot didn't work. All 200 trials of it. I should be the one pulling my hair. Instead I laughed and said we will re-do it. WTF....

Undergrads these days are so spoiled. :rolleyes:

I have to work with the most annoying girl ever for my MICB 421 research article (along with two friends, a girl and a guy). I was talking with my other guy group member in private how he was prepping for his UBC interview and out of nowhere, the annoying girl, let's call her S, pops up and asks us what we're talking about.

I said that we were talking about our interview prepping and how I was in a couple of MMI practice groups. She asks if she can join. I'm thinking to myself "didn't you me you didn't get an interview after you had asked me if I had gotten an interview just over a month ago?" But I never said that and I just said that our groups were full and there wasn't anymore room and that I wasn't even the head organiser. I can tell after I said that she was pissed off. She asked me when my interview was and I told her it was on the 12th. She says hers is on the day before, but 12th is the earliest date for UBC. :confused:

Back to talking to my other friend in private, he asked me "didn't S sort of announce to the entire 403 class when she was talking to you that she didn't get an interview?"

This girl is so annoying and I can't stand her. I'm stuck with her for another 3 months. I mean, if she actually did get an interview, then great for her, but goddamn she is annoying.

I would have called her out on her lies. But I can't stand people like that.

So, a student I'm supervising got scared ****less of MY project and went to the prof to tell him he/she is worried and scared. MY project. SCARED OF MY PROJECT. Why the hell is he/she scared of my f^#$%#$%# project?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! :confused:

The first pilot didn't work. All 200 trials of it. I should be the one pulling my hair. Instead I laughed and said we will re-do it. WTF....

lol. True.

Lol...why, what's your project? The only one in our lab that I'm not fond of is the one with the ****ing flesh-eating worms. Breeding them. Ridiculous. We should be figuring out how to kill them quickly, since slicing them into bitty pieces just makes 50 new worms.

LOL not even a year out of undergrad and you already have "Those days" and "these days" lmao

Lol...why, what's your project? The only one in our lab that I'm not fond of is the one with the ****ing flesh-eating worms. Breeding them. Ridiculous. We should be figuring out how to kill them quickly, since slicing them into bitty pieces just makes 50 new worms.

wow really? What's the species?

ETA: Tomorrow's a projected -25`C. It's going to be the lowest temperature I've experienced in my life.

Ah. -25 sounds warm right now.

They have little triangular heads and beady eyes. Evil things.

so sad that you haven't learned the alt+0176 yet...lol

-25°C is nothing leon....you're not a true Canadian until you've been outside in -45°C weather ;) hahaha

in regards to the worms, are they some kind of planaria?

Archived