Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Bought a booster today. It's charging right now. At 8am tomorrow I pray that it starts my car.

My friends are laughing at me for a number of reasons:

1) I had to ask where the battery was.

2) The guy at the car shop wanted me to buy a pack that pumped up tires and acted as a charger as well as a booster, but when I asked how to take the battery out of the car, he told me that "just the booster is good for you, then"

3) I can't open my windshield wiper fluid bottle. Seriously.

4) It took me a half hour, a screw driver, and a running jump to get the red cover off the positive end of my battery.

5) When they were deciding on my course of action and I relayed the "take the battery out and put in the house to warm/charge" idea to my bro-in-law, he screamed (on the phone) "SHE'S NOT ALLOWED NEAR THE HOOD"

LOL- I am this way too, but I work in a repair shop. I know what things do, but when you get me looking at the stuff, I am just a blank. I can talk all day about tie rod ends, but I wouldn't be able to tell one from a clutch slave. It's all just metal parts that get dirty.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL- I am this way too, but I work in a repair shop. I know what things do, but when you get me looking at the stuff, I am just a blank. I can talk all day about tie rod ends, but I wouldn't be able to tell one from a clutch slave. It's all just metal parts that get dirty.

I honestly would be totally useless when it comes to cars. I know how to add/check oil, pump gas, add windshield washer fluid, change a tire, and that's about it. As far as I'm concerned my car runs on magic. :P

Actually, come to think of it, I know how to give a car a boost too. I guess I know basic car-survival stuff. :)

Anyone ever had to write something that they had NO IDEA how to? I'm staring at what I've written and I have no idea if I'm on track at all. I googled how to write a project proposal but that helped not at all, since it's not quite that formal (since it's for a grant application- one is supposed to be 1/2 a page, the other one, 2 max). They really need an English course for science students on how to do this kinda stuff. I feel so lost :o My supervisor just wants me to take a stab at it and she'll fix it, but I really don't like handing in something that's complete crap either- but then again... I have no idea if what I have is complete crap :rolleyes:

I guess I'll just finish it up and explain I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, so after we get these in, if she could just explain what I need to do for them if I ever need to do one again. I think I just have to be less worried about people thinking I'm dumb/incompetent.

Ugh... Today is Tuesday. I hope that nutbar parent isn't there. I don't know if I'm in the mood to put up with that sh*t this week......

I saw that there was another... an OOP... with a 3.3 cGPA that got an interview. A 12 VR, but still. That gives those (like me) with not-quite-(aka nowhere near)-as-high-as-a-4.0 GPAs some hope!

Now if only I could figure out to a) bring up my MCAT VR back to where it was before I rewrote it (an 11 before... a 9 on the damn stupid rewrite) and B) how to ace CASPer, I'll be fine:rolleyes:

EDIT: I just was looking on the "news" on msn.ca.... Headline reads: "Air Canada urged to stop shipping monkeys"... is that what they call their passengers?:P I'm glad I fly West Jet now ;) hehe!

Interesting. A cGPA of 3.45 made an interview at Mac. Casper must be serious business

That is beatiful. The playing field has been changed once more at Mac. And if history is a guide, other med schools will eventually follow their lead rather than use the traditional autobio narratives and answers to specific questions with no controls. Things are looking up for those candidates who have less than stellar grades and who have what it takes to be excellent physicians.

i'm pretty sure my mom ordered an anatomically correct human heart shaped cake for my 20th birthday. this will be interesting..

It's gotta be better than some baby shower cakes people order....I mean really, why would you want a "breasts and belly" cake? It seems somewhat morbid. Also, how do you cut it? Do you approach it like a c-section? Or a gallbladder extraction? Furthermore, some people get no icing, just pure sponge cake (boo).

Any cakewrecks fans on here?

Things I have discovered today:

1. Someone at Queen's is likely getting slapped (or fired) over this morning's fck up.

2. Skating "provincials" is the same weekend as the UofA interviews (could potentially run in to problems there)

3. My BS attempt at writing a grant proposal worked. Moral of the story- apparently I can BS my way through things.

4. After going on this site and seeing some people had received "rejections/intives" causes me to neurotically check my e-mail every 5 minutes.

5. Eating smoked oysters leaves a weird taste in your mouth (this I knew before). However, even brushing your teeth doesn't get rid of this weird taste. Now I have minty fresh smoked oyster breath. Awesome. That'll attract the guys:rolleyes:

6. After reading the above posts, it has been confirmed that you guys are absolutely amazing <3. :P

Archived