Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Bwahahaha! Sounds like something my undergrad supervisor would say.

Yeah, right?! He said a lot of weird stuff yesterday - it's like he was tired or something. But to quote him "Once you have a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. You need screws to finish the job." :rolleyes:

And he's not even in neuroscience and he totally made fun of my determination to bridge the gap between biomechanics and neuroscience yesterday, which kind of annoyed me. It's not ALWAYS about the muscles... it's about nerves and bones and muscles all together. Pfffft. Ergo people. lol.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes :) Me and my boyfriend are going to the symphony today! And Rachmaninoff piano concerto no. 2 will be played. It's my boyfriend's favourite. I'm really excited!
Awesome!

I first read your previous post and thought "He's dead." lol. So I thought I'd ask. Maybe it was some other Rachmaninoff...it could be a common name...hehe.

Awesome!

I first read your previous post and thought "He's dead." lol. So I thought I'd ask. Maybe it was some other Rachmaninoff...it could be a common name...hehe.

Hahaha!! Sorry, when I get excited, communication isn't my strong point! I just blurt things out lol! And dance around.

ZOMG! My team actually just won a game!

And yes, this was post-worthy information.

Haha! Against the Oilers... Not exactly a hard feat :P

They may be my favourite team, but man, they suck (again!) this year! Hello top 5 draft pick:rolleyes: They have to get better eventually? Right? Right?

If nothing else, they'll just have to draft me, and I'll show them how to play REAL hockey ;)

They may be my favourite team, but man, they suck (again!) this year! Hello top 5 draft pick:rolleyes: They have to get better eventually? Right? Right?

If nothing else, they'll just have to draft me, and I'll show them how to play REAL hockey ;)

Or you could just start watching the Canucks?

i'm a huge oil fan and i pull for them to lose :cool: , we need another #1 draft pick... edmontons big problem was they kept finnishing in 9th and 10th... that doesn't do you any good, you gotta finnish in the bottom 3, lol. edmonton's losing due to inexperience now, they have such a terrible record in close games, ot, and the shootout. in 2-3 years they'll be stanley cup contenders and they'll prob make the playoffs next year

Or you could just start watching the Canucks?

Oh hell no! That's almost as blasphemous as saying I should cheer for the Flames! No way! Besides... Just like every year, Luongo will choke in the playoffs. I haven't been following hockey as closely this years as last, but if it's like every other year, the Canucks are overplaying Luongo, and therefore he'll be tired going into the playoffs. Same problem Calgary has riding Kipper so much.

Me cheering for the Canucks would be like... like... Gotham City cheering for the Joker instead of Batman. Or like the Star Wars galaxy cheering for The Emperor. Or like humans cheering and hoping for the Romulans or the Borg to win. No way! (Omg... I totally sound like the world's biggest nerd right now....). Anyways... No way will I cheer for the Canucks! :P

i'm a huge oil fan and i pull for them to lose :cool: , we need another #1 draft pick... edmontons big problem was they kept finnishing in 9th and 10th... that doesn't do you any good, you gotta finnish in the bottom 3, lol. edmonton's losing due to inexperience now, they have such a terrible record in close games, ot, and the shootout. in 2-3 years they'll be stanley cup contenders and they'll prob make the playoffs next year

See, I don't want them to lose on purpose. I like that there's more effort this year, but there's HUGE areas that need to be addressed. Faceoffs are one. Sam Ganger should not be taking faceoffs! I know he's supposed to be centre, but when your FO percentage is consistently less than 30%, something's seriously wrong. Another thing that's driven me nuts for YEARS is the lack of forechecking. When they're aggressive and actually do it, the other team doesn't have the chance to set up a play. But they haven't really done that since at least '06.

That is true about draft picks. Look at Pittsburgh- terrible for a few years and then BAM! Stanley Cup winners. That only works if you don't trade your picks away though (ahem... Toronto). They've been bad for awhile, and will still be bad for awhile after that Kessel deal. Hopefully we rebuild the right way. I'm impressed with how the rookies are doing this year. Add in a centre that can win faceoffs and a decent D-man, and we're set. And a more consistent goalie.

Any word on when Khappyboozin's trial is? (Or if it's already happened, what went down). I can't seem to even remember if it's happened yet or not...

You know it's funny- when the flames and oilers both made the Stanley cup finals... I cheered just as hard as when the Canucks made it... I put the rivalries aside and recognized that it's better to have a Canadian Stanley cup champion than some expansion team from the US where attendance relies on gimmicks and free food... Hopefully the rest of Canada does the same this year for the Canucks.

Luongo is looking to have a career year.... He's going to have probably his best statistical season and fewest starts (about 62) since becoming a number 1 goalie. He's in the top 5 for wins, gaa and save %... I think he is going to shake a lot of the criticism off this year.

Even though the flames, Oilers, sens and canadiens are rival teams I'd still cheer for them if they made a run deep into the post season... Not Toronto though... Definitely not Toronto...

Shhhh! lol.

I've just been spoiled with years of good Ottawa teams that being at the bottom of the east is kind of depressing. Oh well, one step closer to Landeskog.

You know it's funny- when the flames and oilers both made the Stanley cup finals... I cheered just as hard as when the Canucks made it... I put the rivalries aside and recognized that it's better to have a Canadian Stanley cup champion than some expansion team from the US where attendance relies on gimmicks and free food... Hopefully the rest of Canada does the same this year for the Canucks.

Luongo is looking to have a career year.... He's going to have probably his best statistical season and fewest starts (about 62) since becoming a number 1 goalie. He's in the top 5 for wins, gaa and save %... I think he is going to shake a lot of the criticism off this year.

Even though the flames, Oilers, sens and canadiens are rival teams I'd still cheer for them if they made a run deep into the post season... Not Toronto though... Definitely not Toronto...

I really have no problems with cheering for the Canucks. They're an excellent team. I could even cheer for the Habs if they made it to the finals. Toronto, though, is an entirely different story. Too much playoff heartbreak to bring myself to cheer for them. They're almost as disliked as Buffalo.

I really have no problems with cheering for the Canucks. They're an excellent team. I could even cheer for the Habs if they made it to the finals. Toronto, though, is an entirely different story. Too much playoff heartbreak to bring myself to cheer for them. They're almost as disliked as Buffalo.

I knew I liked you for a reason...

I submitted another abstract for the conference. Two in total. Three if we count how many times my name appears. Hopefully, 2 presentations for me and one poster for my student.

Giving a lecture tomorrow to grad students on how to use Vicon. Have to finish this darn manual by 7pm. Then I have to study for my exam which is on Tuesday and for which I'm not ready at all.... FML. :(

IF the Canucks make it to the finals, then (depending on who they're playing) I would cheer for them. That's the biggest difference between the Canucks and Flames. When the Flames made it to the finals I didn't cheer for them. Part of the intense rivalry. Just like most Flames fans didn't cheer for the Oil in '06. We have a mutual understanding there lol.

I haven't followed hockey as much this year- I was going based on what's happened in previous years. How's your backup this year? The Oil learned the hard way that you need a decent backup in the playoffs just in case sh*t hits the fan....

And LOL about Toronto. I'd cheer for Toronto if they were the only Canadian team left........ but the odds of that happening are next to zero, so I don't have to worry about that for awhile. Looks like they're close to being on par for a bottom 5 pick too... Oh wait.......... :P

IF the Canucks make it to the finals, then (depending on who they're playing) I would cheer for them. That's the biggest difference between the Canucks and Flames. When the Flames made it to the finals I didn't cheer for them. Part of the intense rivalry. Just like most Flames fans didn't cheer for the Oil in '06. We have a mutual understanding there lol.

I haven't followed hockey as much this year- I was going based on what's happened in previous years. How's your backup this year? The Oil learned the hard way that you need a decent backup in the playoffs just in case sh*t hits the fan....

And LOL about Toronto. I'd cheer for Toronto if they were the only Canadian team left........ but the odds of that happening are next to zero, so I don't have to worry about that for awhile. Looks like they're close to being on par for a bottom 5 pick too... Oh wait.......... :P

Cory Schneider? He started the season 8-0 or something ridiculous and has better stats then most of the starters in the league. He's one of the 'Nucks prospects who has been blocked for awhile, but is a real talent. He could easily be the starter right now if need be and I wouldn't blink an eye.

Cory Schneider? He started the season 8-0 or something ridiculous and has better stats then most of the starters in the league. He's one of the 'Nucks prospects who has been blocked for awhile, but is a real talent. He could easily be the starter right now if need be and I wouldn't blink an eye.

Well, hopefully you guys will be able to keep it together until (and through) the off-season. Because right now, it's just Vancouver and Montreal in a playoff spot (if playoffs were to start tomorrow).

If it came down to Van vs Montreal, I'd have to cheer for Montreal- after all, they aren't our division rivals;)

I really need to watch more hockey. It's definitely been lacking in my life this year. Usually I'm pretty on-top of the goings on in the hockey world, and this year, other than the Oil being absolute crap, Ovi having a really off year (relatively speaking), and Crosby potentially out for the rest of the season with a concussion, I don't know much:( I need to get back in the hockey loop and watch more games. I miss it.

What did it say/what was it about????

I neeeeed to know

From what I can gather from the posts in the particular thread, it was some sort of religious based thread that quite clearly would have provoked argument that has already happened here many times before and doesn't end well... That's what I think lol, could be wrong

Archived