Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I knew I liked you for a reason...
I thought it was because I'm just super awesome...and modest. lol

Well, hopefully you guys will be able to keep it together until (and through) the off-season. Because right now, it's just Vancouver and Montreal in a playoff spot (if playoffs were to start tomorrow).

If it came down to Van vs Montreal, I'd have to cheer for Montreal- after all, they aren't our division rivals;)

I really need to watch more hockey. It's definitely been lacking in my life this year. Usually I'm pretty on-top of the goings on in the hockey world, and this year, other than the Oil being absolute crap, Ovi having a really off year (relatively speaking), and Crosby potentially out for the rest of the season with a concussion, I don't know much:( I need to get back in the hockey loop and watch more games. I miss it.

Yeah, get back into the loop. You're missing all the goalie fights and line brawls. Plus the Skinner vs Couture debate. Actually, even though it's just sad to watch my team, I think this is actually a pretty good year for the NHL. The west has crazy parity.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listen to the radio in the morning (not unusual) and the 2 hosts were talking about all the surprises at the Grammy's this year, mostly how Arcade Fire got album of the year. So then the hosts go on to say that it's such a shame that they won and if any Canadian act should get a Grammy it's Bieber because he's the best Canadian musician we have and Arcade Fire have no fans. I generally don't really care about the radio (it's background noise) but I got kind of upset so I sent a series of tweets about how the station was wrong and then I called in. I know it's kind of lame, but both local newspapers tweeted me about the band and why I feel like they deserved to win. So today I'm doing interviews with both papers! lol. Random story of the day.

Yeah, get back into the loop. You're missing all the goalie fights and line brawls. Plus the Skinner vs Couture debate. Actually, even though it's just sad to watch my team, I think this is actually a pretty good year for the NHL. The west has crazy parity.

Maybe from 2 thru 14. The top is obviously dominated by the Canucks, and the cellar is already reserved for the Oil Streak.

But when you're so used to basically knowing which 6 or 7 teams will make it in the east by February, the west looks really tough.

yeah, the west is kinda ridic from 3-14... i think a couple of the teams will cool down and you'll start to see them slide a bit (colorado already did this, but calgary will probably join them). their style of play is just too gritty to maintain for another 24 or 25 games, plus they have to rely on other teams winning...

only having one team with a sub .500 record in the west is pretty crazy compared to the 5 in the east.

my guess is one of san jose or anaheim isn't getting into the big show this year.

i'm actually really disappointed with the nhl this year. the fighting and head hunting have taken away from the game... sure big hits are great, but not when guys are getting concussions every other week. either, the rules need to change or the equipment needs to get better...

also, i'm hoping that this year is the end of two regimes- mubarek in egypt and bettman in the nhl :).

consider this, the canucks missed the playoffs a few years ago and after 82 games had 81 or 82 points... we've got that now at game 56. i know the playoffs are where it matters, but this is setting up nicely to be a great year.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

I shall spend mine with the longest-lived love of my life....school. :rolleyes:

What about you guys?

LL

Happy Valentine's everyone!!!!!!

L.L., when is your reading break?

I'm making creme brulee for my boyfriend today :) It's going to take all day, but it'll be worth it. I'm going to make hearts out of brown sugar on the top. It will be a surprise for him, he loves it. We are also going to an amazing restaurant tonight... so excited!

I'm making creme brulee for my boyfriend today :) It's going to take all day, but it'll be worth it. I'm going to make hearts out of brown sugar on the top. It will be a surprise for him, he loves it. We are also going to an amazing restaurant tonight... so excited!

*Looks around* *steals brulee and runs*

What about you guys?

LL

I'm having a girls night in at a friend's house and we're watching action movies. How romantic :rolleyes: lol

...i know the playoffs are where it matters, but this is setting up nicely to be a great year.
Yup, until your favourite team is beat by Buffalo in the conference finals. Oh wait...

But seriously, I think the Canucks will do well (if all the D are healthy. Aren't quite a few of them injured?)

*Looks around* *steals brulee and runs*
lol

Care to share?

Aww, that's sweet.

What about you guys?

LL

I have microbiology exams/tests tomorrow, so about the closest I'm going to get to anything romantic is bacterial conjugation...

Maybe I can convince J to make dinner tonight. :)

I have microbiology exams/tests tomorrow, so about the closest I'm going to get to anything romantic is bacterial conjugation...

Maybe I can convince J to make dinner tonight. :)

Unlike most NFL coaches, I'm all about the sex before game-day.

It worked for my numerous university exams, my PCAT, my MCAT, and I also made sure to put it to the test before my UBC interview.

Don't let the fact you've got an exam deter you!

I think it's just your modestness RyanM was referring to. The awesomeness had nothing to do with it;)

Goalie fights?! Line brawls?! I am missing a good season!

The West's always had crazy parity- aside from the past 2 years, the NW division especially- there wasn't too much separating the division leader and the last place team. It's always exciting near the end of the season to see if any playoff hopes are dashed. I'll have to hope that the Oil act as playoff spoilers for the Flames. The entire season wouldn't be lost then:rolleyes:

Maybe from 2 thru 14. The top is obviously dominated by the Canucks, and the cellar is already reserved for the Oil Streak.

Hey! Come on now, just because we've been crap for 2 years.......

Remember how bad Pittsburgh was a few years ago? Then they draft Malkin/Crosby high in the draft 2 years in a row... give it a couple years and BAM! Pretty dominant in the east and Stanley Cup finalists 2 years in a row with a cup in the second. Pretty decent if you ask me.

Just you wait. There's another Oil dynasty in the making;)

i'm actually really disappointed with the nhl this year. the fighting and head hunting have taken away from the game... sure big hits are great, but not when guys are getting concussions every other week. either, the rules need to change or the equipment needs to get better...

also, i'm hoping that this year is the end of two regimes- mubarek in egypt and bettman in the nhl.

That's one thing I have heard/seen a lot of. A lot of talk (and I've seen a lot of the hits) about how bad the hits are getting. You know it's getting bad when "Number 66 Mario Lemeiux" (as my bro used to refer to him ALL the time) speaks out about it. I do have to say, for supposedly cracking down on head shots, they've done a pretty sh*tty job of it this year. IMO Campbell needs to go too, not just Bettman. I've thought they've both had to go for years now.

Unlike most NFL coaches, I'm all about the sex before game-day.

It worked for my numerous university exams, my PCAT, my MCAT, and I also made sure to put it to the test before my UBC interview.

Don't let the fact you've got an exam deter you!

On a Manswers I was watching they actually said that it was actually beneficial to have sex before a big game. I can't remember why.

........I mean.... I don't watch Manswers..........:o

Archived