Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I saw an 80 year old woman at the clinic today... she looked like she was 60! It was amazing. No health problems, no pain at all, I swear she had more energy than me. I asked her what her secret was and she told me it's all to do with a positive attitude and staying social. I understand that most people are not so lucky as to live that long without health problems, it's definitely not possible for most, but it was very nice to see and talk with her today. Made me think about what I want to end up like when I'm older :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw an 80 year old woman at the clinic today... she looked like she was 60! It was amazing. No health problems, no pain at all, I swear she had more energy than me. I asked her what her secret was and she told me it's all to do with a positive attitude and staying social. I understand that most people are not so lucky as to live that long without health problems, it's definitely not possible for most, but it was very nice to see and talk with her today. Made me think about what I want to end up like when I'm older :)

Wow; makes me more desparate to be happy and social.

The 75yo patient that I follow is STILL a highly ranked professional badminton player. She rocked the US open last month in her age group and I think she just got back from provincials. Her only health problem is a labile heart rate (which makes her an extremely easy patient to follow). She still parties until 2am and stuff. Old does not mean hopeless. :)

The 75yo patient that I follow is STILL a highly ranked professional badminton player. She rocked the US open last month in her age group and I think she just got back from provincials. Her only health problem is a labile heart rate (which makes her an extremely easy patient to follow). She still parties until 2am and stuff. Old does not mean hopeless. :)

Does she also have a lover? :P Sorry. I had to.

Don't you think I'm special? I really thought we had something, Leap. I guess I was wrong. :(

lol

It takes more than that..... lol

Kidding. Of course. You're probably one of my favourites on the forum. ;)

In other news, time to turn a new page in life and move on. Probably the hardest thing I had to do thus far.... it better be worth it. *sigh*

i just got an email from moores- apparently i earned a 50.00 gift card because of my suit purchases....

so, not only did i get two suits for the price of one... i also get to spend another 50 bones there.

not too shabby.

For your birthday I'm going to buy you a shift key.

Anytime you spend, in aggregate, $500 at Moore's on your perfect fit card you receive a $50 gift certificate. I really love that store!

For your birthday I'm going to buy you a shift key.

Anytime you spend, in aggregate, $500 at Moore's on your perfect fit card you receive a $50 gift certificate. I really love that store!

yes, i was aware of the perfect fit... i just didn't think they were going to give me the gift certificate as i bought the suits almost a month ago. i wasn't sure it was still going. i'm going to take ADVANTAGE of it.

oh, and my birthday is june 30th... jus' sayin'

That sucks Leap! Sorry to hear that.

Sorry Leap, hope your family is doing ok.

Sorry to hear :(

Things will get better!

Thanks guys. Can't get any worse than this. :( I'm barely managing my grad studies as it stands and we purchased a new condo recently. This is just surreal. The worst is she worked at the hospital. OMG. I think I might have a nervous breakdown.

Who watched Glee tonight?

i recorded it... haven't actually watched an episode since pre-superbowl... i like to save them up and watch them on the weekend.

i may or may not have just watched about 6 different medical school youtube videos... they were pretty wicked. some creative minds over at queens, u of c, mac...

i also may or may not have just downloaded a widget countdown clock to sit on my desk top... it currently says 86 days 11 hours remaining...

and yes, mav, i'm waiting for my shift key...

oh, leap- sorry to hear about your mom... i hope you guys are able to bounce back.

Just finished a midtermmmmmmmm! The prof was pretty funny. He kept saying "Do not let your neighbour see your paper. This is not about everyone doing well. This is about you doing better, relative to everyone else. This. Is. You. G.P.A."

lololol

There is a 90+ year old man in my condo building who was widowed about a year ago. He goes for 3 walks a day, swims laps for at least an hour a day, hangs out at the local coffee shop, and is looking for a "lady friend" to spend his time with. I think he was trying to hit on me! hahaha...the 60+ age difference is a little difficult to deal with, for me. LOL

It goes to show old does not mean gone to pasture.

If there are any takers for said old dude, please PM. Oh, he also told me that he was a financier and has good money...;)

Just finished a midtermmmmmmmm! The prof was pretty funny. He kept saying "Do not let your neighbour see your paper. This is not about everyone doing well. This is about you doing better, relative to everyone else. This. Is. You. G.P.A."

lololol

Hahaha this made me laugh out loud. What class?

There is a 90+ year old man in my condo building who was widowed about a year ago. He goes for 3 walks a day, swims laps for at least an hour a day, hangs out at the local coffee shop, and is looking for a "lady friend" to spend his time with. I think he was trying to hit on me! hahaha...the 60+ age difference is a little difficult to deal with, for me. LOL

It goes to show old does not mean gone to pasture.

If there are any takers for said old dude, please PM. Oh, he also told me that he was a financier and has good money...;)

Hahaha he sounds like a stud! Maybe the lady I met at the clinic yesterday should give him a rang :P lol!

Archived