Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

yeah, sounds like you guys had a rough go of it, get better soon!

Sending love to Renin and Cnussey! Hope you feel better soon!!!

It least you know now what was wrong and as soon as you get this fracture fixed you can start putting it behind you Cnussey.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally finished the presentation. Emailed it to the supervisor and he sends it back with the comment "Looks good, but can you reformat the slides so they look more serious." What's that supposed to mean? :confused:

what kind of text did you use?

what color is the background?

do you have lots of pictures in the slides?

is the text large, small or varied in size?

the answers to these may help you determine what he means by "more serious"

Officially determined that the time of my death will be either Monday at 11:30am or Saturday at 4:22pm.

Good thing my supervisor is such a positive person, even though I kind of disappointed him today (not too big of a disappointment but a disappointment nonetheless). That's what happens when you give me too many things to juggle. It's almost impossible to juggle 10 things at once and still manage to do exceptionally well on all of them. I mean, he's such an incredible, dedicated person and someone who is capable of juggling many, many things in his life and I look up to him... but I'm only learning right now. I felt so horrible, that I came home and I'm going to be doing the rest of the work from home. I hope I didn't shatter his belief in me (I'm probably being too hard on myself right now... but still :( ).

lol nowhere. went offline. I don't understand how a "new member" is allowed to make 22 consecutive posts within a few minutes on forums. There's got to be limits and restrictions put on based on post number and time :P

Gotta love them spam bots.

what kind of text did you use?

what color is the background?

do you have lots of pictures in the slides?

is the text large, small or varied in size?

the answers to these may help you determine what he means by "more serious"

I went to his office and asked him what he wanted. He's like "I think the font should be black instead of dark blue." So I said "Ok. All changed." and then he's like "Oh, the blue was more colour coordinated. Change it back, please."

So I guess it was serious enough how I had it initially. lol

where will akon77 post next?

hitting up the sub forums like a thundercat.

When multiple pm101ers report the same person, I can tell it's a bot. lol. Looks like another mod took care of it though.

I just "won the lottery".

It's a race I do every year, and there are more people who want to run than there are spots.

I just got in. But I'm injured and had a tough time with my 5K on the weekend. Running 50K just seems really far away at this point. I have to com up with a training plan, probably involving a lot of cycling and little actual running. Train my cardio and hope that the latent long-term running ability carries me through. :)

I just "won the lottery".

It's a race I do every year, and there are more people who want to run than there are spots.

I just got in. But I'm injured and had a tough time with my 5K on the weekend. Running 50K just seems really far away at this point. I have to com up with a training plan, probably involving a lot of cycling and little actual running. Train my cardio and hope that the latent long-term running ability carries me through. :)

Which ultra is it? I'd love to try one, one of these days, but since I'm a very slow runner, and a marathon takes me long enough as it is, I don't know if I'll ever run one!

My friends who've done ultras say that they are much more relaxed than marathons though, and people are very supportive and just out there having fun. So they sound like a blast.

Which ultra is it? I'd love to try one, one of these days, but since I'm a very slow runner, and a marathon takes me long enough as it is, I don't know if I'll ever run one!

My friends who've done ultras say that they are much more relaxed than marathons though, and people are very supportive and just out there having fun. So they sound like a blast.

Ultras are more relaxed than marathons.

For the Knee Knacker, a rule of thumb is to take your marathon time and double it, it's only 8km longer but you start by running up a mountain, so...

You should do one someday, there are lots of "easier" ultras out there. I ran one with a friend of mine a number of years ago (a very slow marathoner, about 5:30 marathon) and we did a flat, paved 50K in about 7hrs. Halfway through I went to buy her fries and then we ate them and they were GOOD.

Congrats congrats!!! You are SO lucky! I still have two more biochem tests and two more clinical biochem. *sigh..

What?! You still have four more midterms? Ah, that bites! But it will be over soon :)

I still have two finals technically (calc and physics) but I'm just happy I have no more midterms :D

What?! You still have four more midterms? Ah, that bites! But it will be over soon :)

I still have two finals technically (calc and physics) but I'm just happy I have no more midterms :D

Are you serious??!!! For this school term, I still have 5 more midterms in total, 5 more exams with 3 on the same day, and one more essay. And I finish on the 28th when most people are done on the 20th... SO UNFAIR! lol :(

Archived