Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I just taught my dog how to roll over. I have a final tomorrow, and really haven't gotten through all of the material yet.

Probably not the wisest thing to do, but whatever, I have ... 17 hours to learn the rest of it. I'm in good time. haha.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy **** my supervisor gave me almost 100% on the thesis! LOL- I wrote it in a week haha

super pumped

*high fives*

Sometimes, looking back on it, I feel like the grades given out for a thesis are like completion grades (at my school). I don't know anyone who didn't get an A or A+.

holy **** my supervisor gave me almost 100% on the thesis! LOL- I wrote it in a week haha

super pumped

I have a minor question:

1. Congrats. :)

2. How many pages was this "thesis"? You keep calling it thesis and I was just wondering.... Because the definition of a thesis is

"A long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a college degree" and when it says long, it actually means long (for example: my thesis in 4th year undergrad was a total of almost 50 pages including a lit review)...

So it this an ACTUAL *thesis* or a research project paper/publication like style????? :confused:

Well done sir!

*high fives*

Sometimes, looking back on it, I feel like the grades given out for a thesis are like completion grades (at my school). I don't know anyone who didn't get an A or A+.

Thanks! Yea you're basically guaranteed an 85 here too. We get a second reader who decides 30% of your grade and she was pretty cool too.

Awesome job man! I'm still waiting on my mark, seems like all the evolutionary/ecology guys are getting it back earlier

Yea, our second reader was done in 3 days. I was really surprised at the quick response. Cell and Molec is harder IMO, your presentations seemed more brutal too. We had very few questions on our side.

I have a minor question:

1. Congrats. :)

2. How many pages was this "thesis"? You keep calling it thesis and I was just wondering.... Because the definition of a thesis is

"A long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a college degree" and when it says long, it actually means long (for example: my thesis in 4th year undergrad was a total of almost 50 pages including a lit review)...

So it this an ACTUAL *thesis* or a research project paper/publication like style????? :confused:

I answered already on msn but for the sake of everyone else:

They call it a "Thesis" here at UofT though it's usually no more than 25 pages (my second reader said mine was too long!). I think its basically like a research paper, but with a broader intro. So it doesn't qualify your definition :D

Congrats C :D

Merci! And thanks for totally undeserving, but nonetheless, epic clapping :)

Ohh! And one more mark today! A- in calculus! yess..... haha glad I didn't screw that one up! just waiting on physics.

Woot! woot!

Well, I think I just wrote my last final at UVic. :)

On an unrelated note pm101 is being invaded by animated gifs!! :confused: lol!

C

lol, my comment wasn't meant to be seen as a bad thing. (tis why I edited it ;)... guess i wasn't quick enough!)

C

I don't mean to invade or cause trouble with my gifs! I just thought they'd bring some laughs and help ease tensions during exam time :)

11 AND 12?! Omg... why does today kick soooooooooooo much ass? Love it!

EDIT - I'm still going to have to wait for the subs :P

Subs coming out tonight; gg fansubs will hopefully have it by midnight or before...

I CANT WAIT :D maybe Madoka will die. maybe Homura will die. MAYBE THEY WILL ALL DIE :D probably not. but still fun to think about.

Evidently fans have given Kybuey "The ultimate troll of the year" award.

Archived