Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heading over to the friends' house. Plan for the next ~30+ hours: dinner, movies/board games/video games, sleep (probably not), avoid checking email until everyone's awake, go for a run, check email, call a bunch of people, go out.

It sounds good in theory, but in practice the time is going to drag by. :S

Well, this plan worked out until the part where I avoid checking email until everyone's awake. I got up a bit before 8am and everyone's still asleep. I was all "I'm just going to read the newspaper online for a bit..." and now I'm on here waiting. *sigh*

I wonder if the forums will crash soon/again....
Likely not. Ian talked to the web host people about the traffic today. It should be ok.

Western!

U Yu No Release Acceptances With Rest Of Omsas Schools?

ky someone posted on the western sticky.

Congratulations to the massive amount of acceptances!! Oh my gosh!!

To everyone waitlisted, I really hope it moves fast for you all :)

And to the regrets, I know what it is like. It is hard to pick yourself up and move forward, but you will get to where you want to go. It will just take a bit more time, that is all :) I am a regret too, it just was not our year, that is all.

Lots of e-hugs everyone! And positive vibes!!

I'm going to make a quick post here about myself- sorry for the selfishness on this day when so many of you are getting important news back.

Some of you know I've been having relationship issues. I haven't been especially quiet about it, I don't really believe in hiding this sort of thing. I just wanted to let any and all of you who have been supportive of me that I finally found courage to say what I needed to say to my partner of 7 yrs, and things are good. He's supportive of me (way more than I ever suspected) and didn't react angrily as I feared he might. Things are going to be better than expected. Anyways, that's it in brief, just wanted to let people know without sending PMs.

And now back to our regularly scheduled jubilation/crushing blows...

congratulations to everyone accepted!!!

Wow, I can't believe it was 1 year ago, when I was in the same place! It seems like so long ago. I feel old.

To those waitlisted: good things come to those who wait. :)

And for anyone who did not receive the news they wanted to hear, my friend loves this quote by the Dalai Lama: "Sometimes not getting what you want, is a wonderful stroke of luck."

So don't lose heart yet. :)

I'm going to make a quick post here about myself- sorry for the selfishness on this day when so many of you are getting important news back.

Some of you know I've been having relationship issues. I haven't been especially quiet about it, I don't really believe in hiding this sort of thing. I just wanted to let any and all of you who have been supportive of me that I finally found courage to say what I needed to say to my partner of 7 yrs, and things are good. He's supportive of me (way more than I ever suspected) and didn't react angrily as I feared he might. Things are going to be better than expected. Anyways, that's it in brief, just wanted to let people know without sending PMs.

And now back to our regularly scheduled jubilation/crushing blows...

Glad to hear you're doing alright, Kyla <3 I'm happy to hear this!

Archived