Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

First exam is tomorrow. I should be studying for histo and anatomy, but sometimes you just need a break from H&E and dead bodies.

I was going to say- I think exams start this week for UBC Meds and here's Andrea kicking back on pm101.

You're an all-star! Good luck on the exam.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First exam is tomorrow. I should be studying for histo and anatomy, but sometimes you just need a break from H&E and dead bodies.

Wut? So you guys didn't have exams all this time? At first I was like blocks ftw! But now I'm getting kinda tired of writing an exam every 3 weeks. Especially when most of them were like: histo 8:30-9:00, written 9:00-12:00, anatomy practical 13:00-17:00 (really like 30mins though, depending on your group order). Excellent way to kill an entire friday. :rolleyes:

Wut? So you guys didn't have exams all this time? At first I was like blocks ftw! But now I'm getting kinda tired of writing an exam every 3 weeks. Especially when most of them were like: histo 8:30-9:00, written 9:00-12:00, anatomy practical 13:00-17:00 (really like 30mins though, depending on your group order). Excellent way to kill an entire friday. :rolleyes:

We're doing everything in blocks too (usually 5 weeks to a block, but some are shorter and some longer), but they save all our exams until the end of the semester. I have histo and anatomy tomorrow; renal and infectious diseases on Friday; clinical skills, family practice and pathology on Monday; pulmonary and cardio next Wednesday and end it all off with the OSCE on the 4th.

We're doing everything in blocks too (usually 5 weeks to a block, but some are shorter and some longer), but they save all our exams until the end of the semester. I have histo and anatomy tomorrow; renal and infectious diseases on Friday; clinical skills, family practice and pathology on Monday; pulmonary and cardio next Wednesday and end it all off with the OSCE on the 4th.

Wow you certainly won't have time to get bored! Good luck with all your exams!

Solid state drives are glorious.

Yes they're awesome. Now turn off your HDD shock detector. :P

In the time lecturers say their random jibberish at the beginning I have enough time to boot up, login, download ppt, and print to one note. Plus it gave me 10+ hr battery life.

Solid state drives are glorious.

Yes they're awesome. Now turn off your HDD shock detector. :P

In the time lecturers say their random jibberish at the beginning I have enough time to boot up, login, download ppt, and print to one note. Plus it gave me 10+ hr battery life.

First I thought you were talking about some kinda chemistry thing... and the only reason I knew it wasn't was dee's talking about downloading and battery life....

If my computer turns on, I have internet, and Excel works, that's all I care about. The rest just makes me go: :confused:

I can't wait until September when I'll be able to study without hearing: the TV at an insane volume, someone yelling at the TV just to be loud an obnoxious because it bothers others, or my parents yelling at each other more and more often. When you have 350ish pages of text to read and memorize by Saturday it's really distracting and impossible to ignore. I wish libraries were open past like 9. The stress headaches aren't helping (at least I figured out what's causing them at least...). Two more months. Two more months. Two more months. Anyone have a time accelerator I can borrow? Some days, two months seems way too far away......

Is it August yet?:rolleyes:

First I thought you were talking about some kinda chemistry thing... and the only reason I knew it wasn't was dee's talking about downloading and battery life....

If my computer turns on, I have internet, and Excel works, that's all I care about. The rest just makes me go: :confused:

What if I tell you that your computer can be made to boot in 20 seconds? Literally, ready to use 20 seconds from when you press power. :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAN THEY PLEASE STOP

This season was brutal; the only reason why I sometimes watch it is for Diana Argon ;)

They can't stop, won't stop mac. By the way, Diana Argon is the cutest thing when she dances!

No, I mean 'those two characters in the season that starts this Fall'.

I think you misread my post. :P

I really did haha. So here's what's been happening:

Season 1: lose at regionals

Season 2: lose at nationals

Season 3 (prediction): win at nationals

I think this may mirror my med school applications.

Cycle 1: rejection pre-interview

Cycle 2 (prediction): interview, but rejection

Cycle 3 (hopeful prediction): acceptance

:P

What if I tell you that your computer can be made to boot in 20 seconds? Literally, ready to use 20 seconds from when you press power.

See, now that I understand!:P

.......How? :D

350 pages to read. 2 assignments. 2 quizzes. 2 exams by Saturday:eek:. However, a renewed sense of "screw you-edness" has revived my drive/motivation.... Hopefully not too late... and hopefully I can rock the exam!

Time to learn if cramming is effective or not..... I just need it for short term. Literally by 5 on Saturday I can forget it all and move on to the next set of stuff (yay for a non-cumulative final!).

Go go gadget brain! :D

I think this may mirror my med school applications.

Cycle 1: rejection pre-interview

Cycle 2 (prediction): interview, but rejection

Cycle 3 (hopeful prediction): acceptance

:P

Gotta think positive!!

Cycle 2 (prediction): acceptance!

;) If you choose so of course.

I have a confession...

I'm obsessed with jerky. Some would call it a love afair while others would classify me as a jerky whore.

However you want to label me, i love jerky!

That is all.

Yuck... lol, I hate jerky! I guess it is a preferred taste.

On a side note I got lost in the Ottawa General Hospital today, and was late for my interview.. but they were super nice..

Archived