Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
F-bomb! Forgot today was my mom's birthday! So fail. :o

my mother told me that she never received her Mother's Day card in the mail. I ensured her that Canada Post is on strike and things will just take longer.

Then I ran to the post office and mailed a card.

I think this may mirror my med school applications.

Cycle 1: rejection pre-interview

Cycle 2 (prediction): interview, but rejection

Cycle 3 (hopeful prediction): acceptance

:P

Just skip step (cycle) 2. Skipping steps has always worked for me.

On a side note I got lost in the Ottawa General Hospital today' date=' and was late for my interview.. but they were super nice..[/quote']The General (and RGN) are poorly designed; not surprising that you got lost.

I'm SO excited for convocation tomorrow.

Ahhhh can't wait to get my BSc :)

<3 no more biochem!!!

Anyone else graduating this month?

I am graduating next year. What are your plans for the upcoming year? Masters?

I'm SO excited for convocation tomorrow.

Ahhhh can't wait to get my BSc :)

<3 no more biochem!!!

Anyone else graduating this month?

just graduated last Friday.. not gonna lie, fell asleep during the convocation ceremony lol. it feels good to get that expensive piece of paper though and to celebrate with your class one last time :)

just graduated last Friday.. not gonna lie, fell asleep during the convocation ceremony lol. it feels good to get that expensive piece of paper though and to celebrate with your class one last time :)

We are all going out for dinner and lunch and just celebrating all weekend! Some of us in the program become super close. I am graduating with one of my friends I went to school with since I was 4.5 years old! Haha. It is going to be fab and I hope I do not get too mushy lol.

We are all going out for dinner and lunch and just celebrating all weekend! Some of us in the program become super close. I am graduating with one of my friends I went to school with since I was 4.5 years old! Haha. It is going to be fab and I hope I do not get too mushy lol.

Woohoo!! Congrats and I hope you have fun!

I should be studying for Monday's bio midterm, but I started reading Greg Isles' Mortal Fear last night and I can't stop.. so I'm planning on finishing the book tonight (or tomorrow morning!) and then I can study lol! I knew I shouldn't have started it!

I decided to get a Nexus S.. waiting for it probably early next week from Best Buy, and I plan on using my $10/month prepaid on my sim, don't need data besides free wifi.

I will never attend my convocation. EVER. Would rather work on that day...

That's too bad. May I ask why?

I will definitely go to mine when I am done. I don't think the majority of my family will be around if I make it to graduating med school (assuming I get in lol) so I want to give them as much opportunity to be part of this new journey so I will attend any similar functions throughout.

That's too bad. May I ask why?

I will definitely go to mine when I am done. I don't think the majority of my family will be around if I make it to graduating med school (assuming I get in lol) so I want to give them as much opportunity to be part of this new journey so I will attend any similar functions throughout.

My dad told me last weekend he can live for me to get the MD, but 10 years with residency is asking for too much lol.. he's teasing of course.

I went to my BSc grad, and then my mom's camera card got corrupted and she lost all the pics which means I had to go to my MSc grad so she could get new ones lol. If I could have, I would've stayed home for that one! You can be sure I will go get my MD though!

I will never attend my convocation. EVER. Would rather work on that day...

macbook, as much as you may dislike your classmates or the pomp and circumstance, it's just as much a day to celebrate YOUR achievements for working hard for 4 years! everyone deserves to feel entitled to that bit of pride :) plus, I'm sure your family will wanna see you get on that stage lol

cerena, that sounds great! congrats again, have fun, and drink to excess ;) you may find yourself less mushy than you expect, and more just excited to have spent the last 4 years of your life doing something worthwhile and pumped to move on (at least that's how I felt haha).

cerena, that sounds great! congrats again, have fun, and drink to excess ;)

I may just end up taking this advice literally :D

(I hate this smiley and try not to use it, but it pretty much exemplifies my Cheshire cat grin right now).

Archived