Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best day EVER!!!! And so glad I shared it with my bf, we graduated together. Our class was super close and nearly everyone showed up. Even members of our class who graduated early were there. Had dinner at the fanciest restaurant in town, drank to excess lol. Not sure how I'm still standing ;) And, to top it off, my ochem supervisor was awarded teacher of the year! All in all, a day I'll remember the rest of my life :)

Yesterday, a guy came into my work, and he said he didn't get other messages from my boss because he dropped his phone into a cup of tea. LOOOOOOOOL... how do you drop your phone into a cup of tea?!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

I had a friend who once put his phone on the edge of a table. He got a phone call and it was set to vibrate. He describes the sequence of events as occuring in slow motion as it started vibrating and slid off the edge of the table...right into a big cup of water. Bye bye phone!

How wonderful! :P

Best day EVER!!!! And so glad I shared it with my bf, we graduated together. Our class was super close and nearly everyone showed up. Even members of our class who graduated early were there. Had dinner at the fanciest restaurant in town, drank to excess lol. Not sure how I'm still standing ;) And, to top it off, my ochem supervisor was awarded teacher of the year! All in all, a day I'll remember the rest of my life :)

Weights and an hour of cardio done. So exhausted

yuck! I ran 11k earlier today.. Started under the pouring rain, then the sun came out and it was almost insufferable how humid it became. I wish it had rained the whole way, it's strangely peaceful that way. Man that last 2-3k was looooooooooong!! I still can't run all the way through.. my leg muscles aren't used to it enough and since I've always trained for sprint so more power than endurance well doing longer distances doesn't come easy. I really wish I could just easily run for hours but not yet, maybe some day.

Studying for my bio midterm once I've had lunch #2.

yuck! I ran 11k earlier today.. Started under the pouring rain, then the sun came out and it was almost insufferable how humid it became. I wish it had rained the whole way, it's strangely peaceful that way. Man that last 2-3k was looooooooooong!! I still can't run all the way through.. my leg muscles aren't used to it enough and since I've always trained for sprint so more power than endurance well doing longer distances doesn't come easy. I really wish I could just easily run for hours but not yet, maybe some day.

wow, I do 5-6K about two-three days a week in the summer. Can't imagine doing 11K!

wow, I do 5-6K about two-three days a week in the summer. Can't imagine doing 11K!

I really wish I could go 10+ without taking walking breaks.. right now I can probably go 6-7K straight at a good pace but no longer. I seriously wonder if I'll ever be able to lol!

5-6K 3x a week is still pretty impressive I say :)

I really wish I could go 10+ without taking walking breaks.. right now I can probably go 6-7K straight at a good pace but no longer. I seriously wonder if I'll ever be able to lol!

5-6K 3x a week is still pretty impressive I say :)

You'll get there eventually. When I started running, I could barely do 30 minutes of straight running (no walk breaks). Now I've run over a dozen half-marathons and three full marathons, along with a couple of sprint triathlons and numerous shorter races. It's all about building up gradually and (for me at least) staying injury-free. When I started, I never would have imagined doing 20+ mile training runs and three marathons (26.2 miles or 42.2 km). Now I'm actually thinking about potentially doing a 50k ultra one day (post medical school and residency, as I doubt I'll have time to train for one during). And I'm far from a natural runner. I'm knock-kneed, splay-footed and have a compressed L2 vertebra (from a fracture that healed - I fell off a horse while jumping years ago). I figure if I can manage to run a marathon, just about anyone with two healthy legs and no serious medical issues can!

You'll get there eventually. When I started running, I could barely do 30 minutes of straight running (no walk breaks). Now I've run over a dozen half-marathons and three full marathons, along with a couple of sprint triathlons and numerous shorter races. It's all about building up gradually and (for me at least) staying injury-free. When I started, I never would have imagined doing 20+ mile training runs and three marathons (26.2 miles or 42.2 km). Now I'm actually thinking about potentially doing a 50k ultra one day (post medical school and residency, as I doubt I'll have time to train for one during). And I'm far from a natural runner. I'm knock-kneed, splay-footed and have a compressed L2 vertebra (from a fracture that healed - I fell off a horse while jumping years ago). I figure if I can manage to run a marathon, just about anyone with two healthy legs and no serious medical issues can!

50k wow!! I don't know why I want to run a 1/2 marathon and eventually full.. in swimming I've always been a sprinter and my best races were 50-100 breaststroke which take at most 1min10 for the 100! lol Staying injury free is a question mark for me too.. my knees and ankles have been under a lot of strain from training so I don't know how they'll react if I try to increase mileage and frequency. I think I need to build myself a structured training program for this summer, you know with more distance sometimes, intervals others.. Running just looks like the perfect sport during med school and when I stop swimming because you can run anytime and anywhere! :)

I admire those who can run for distance. I grt so frigging bored its not funny.

I have a hard time makimg it through an hour of cardio. Not because its hard or anything but because i get soooooo bored. When i used to run for hockey, football, rugby training im want to stab myself during my conditio ing runs just to make it somewhat interesting lol

Another 35 mims comimg up tonight for me before my cheat ,eal. Wooosh

I admire those who can run for distance. I grt so frigging bored its not funny.

I have a hard time makimg it through an hour of cardio. Not because its hard or anything but because i get soooooo bored. When i used to run for hockey, football, rugby training im want to stab myself during my conditio ing runs just to make it somewhat interesting lol

Another 35 mims comimg up tonight for me before my cheat ,eal. Wooosh

I get super bored running on treadmills. I hate running on treadmills. I love running outside, I never get bored. In fact, to accommodate this, I have a whole Canadian winter running outside ensemble.

Archived