Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon, did you manage to pull an all nighter? I tried, by gave up and slept for a couple of hours lol

Slept from 3-6 am. It was impossible to keep going. I'd already done 70 pages of Ochem and over 100 questions and passages. Anymore was just insane.

3 hrs of sleep doesn't help. Still feel like **** lol

I love Jonathan Painchaud!:)

Listening to the albums, I have to say he sounds even better live which is not the case for everyone. The show went by so quickly!

All-nighters... The longest I've gone with absolutely no sleep (and work to do) was a 48 or so hour stretch during my masters. A post-doc and doc continued work on my session project which turned into a submission. The last 2 days I lived, ate (somewhat) in the lab working on the computer all night long creating and adjusting our images. Very hard to say awake when it can take 20-30 minutes to synthetize one image! At 7am the last day we walked to the grocery store to grab cereals and chocolate milk, then watched all our labmates start showing up a couple hours later.

Slept from 3-6 am. It was impossible to keep going. I'd already done 70 pages of Ochem and over 100 questions and passages. Anymore was just insane.

3 hrs of sleep doesn't help. Still feel like **** lol

I've come to the conclusion you just LOVE torturing yourself with this crap. None of this has to be as hard as you make it! :P

Listening to the albums, I have to say he sounds even better live which is not the case for everyone. The show went by so quickly!

All-nighters... The longest I've gone with absolutely no sleep (and work to do) was a 48 or so hour stretch during my masters. A post-doc and doc continued work on my session project which turned into a submission. The last 2 days I lived, ate (somewhat) in the lab working on the computer all night long creating and adjusting our images. Very hard to say awake when it can take 20-30 minutes to synthetize one image! At 7am the last day we walked to the grocery store to grab cereals and chocolate milk, then watched all our labmates start showing up a couple hours later.

Wow, 48 hours in a row without sleep! I think being on-call during clerckship and residency won't be too hard for you then:)

It's impossible for me to be awake that long, I mean I become a public danger lol

Getting a cone for my cat today to prevent her from scratching her mouth.

It would be nice if I could get her a comfortable one like this:

ComfyConeCat.jpg

Not like this:

catCone.jpg

I think I might have to order the comfy cone online and use the plastic one for now.

Getting a cone for my cat today to prevent her from scratching her mouth.

I think I might have to order the comfy cone online and use the plastic one for now.

Awww I hope J feels better soon, and you find something she's not too uncomfortable in.

Wow, 48 hours in a row without sleep! I think being on-call during clerckship and residency won't be too hard for you then:)

It's impossible for me to be awake that long, I mean I become a public danger lol

Public danger LOL!! Hmm I'm obviously not there yet, but I think on-call might beat sitting in a dark lab (because we kept the graphics lab lights off all the time - easier to read light grey on black for the eyes) looking at code trying to spot little tiny typos. Let me just say we had to do it, but it wasn't pretty in the middle of the night ;)

Just came back from weights, and stopped in parc jean-drapeau on my way home to pick up my parking pass.. Sneaked in (there's a meet this weekend at the pool, so warmup space available!) to float for around 30 minutes.. first time since Feb I've been in the water. Sucks when my shoulders can't take very much of it yet.

Oh man the joys of trying to spot errors in code in the middle of the night. Squint city lol

Glad those days are behind me, though i miss it quite a bit sometimes :)

Awww I hope J feels better soon, and you find something she's not too uncomfortable in.

Public danger LOL!! Hmm I'm obviously not there yet, but I think on-call might beat sitting in a dark lab (because we kept the graphics lab lights off all the time - easier to read light grey on black for the eyes) looking at code trying to spot little tiny typos. Let me just say we had to do it, but it wasn't pretty in the middle of the night ;)

Just came back from weights, and stopped in parc jean-drapeau on my way home to pick up my parking pass.. Sneaked in (there's a meet this weekend at the pool, so warmup space available!) to float for around 30 minutes.. first time since Feb I've been in the water. Sucks when my shoulders can't take very much of it yet.

X-Men FC was good. The easter eggs/references to the previous films was a nice touch. Way better than X3.

I'm seeing the Green Lantern tonight. I'm actually not looking forward to it that much. Hopefully, since all I've heard about are bad reviews, I'll go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

Archived